Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thank you everyone for so much...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:53 pm 

7/24/2015

Thank you everyone for so much correspondence re our 30th Anniversary. Like planning a wedding, much is still underway, but we're getting there. Here's a brief update. The professional industry support has been remarkable. I knew we'd do something but I honestly never imagined so many of these folks would want to actually make a party out of things. I'm both excited and scared... but there's a first time for everything. So onwards.

The people we collaborate with, composers, orchestrators, mixers and engineers, licensors, publicists and others related to the film scoring industry are, of course, the first of two reasons we're able to celebrate this milestone. Sharing time with them, all in the same room, will be both a privilege and an honor. But the other reason for our remaining alive and well is, of course, the audience that simply loves to listen to the music we make. You. I've met many of our customers over the years and plan on meeting many more between now and our 50th celebration. (Knock on wood, anyone?) But I'm hoping to meet at least a few of you on September 5. We're arranging to have a limited quantity of tickets available for fans wishing to join us at a reception we're holding at the Disney Concert Hall following the formal industry event. Items are also being readied for online customers and people too far away to travel. It's a lot of planning for a little company that started out being just me and my family getting together with some friends, making a record with MGM, mailing out flyers and then standing behind a small counter waiting with fingers and toes crossed to see if anyone would actually buy the thing. You did, we made more, hired additional people and here we be, several hundred albums, three offices and 30 years later. Anyway, prices, availability and whatnot are under discussion now so please stay tuned.