Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm sitting here with a large family...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:49 pm 

11/27/14

I'm sitting here with a large family meal about to happen and a trip in my newly acquired time machine to follow. The meal is, of course, our traditional Thanksgiving gathering. The time machine, however, is a bit less traditional. The former allows my family to take respite from all of the unrest in the world, both here and abroad. The time machine just lets me go backwards. Since the family gathering pretty much needs no further explanation, I'll just hop over to the time machine and clarify.

After having launched Intrada with its first LP in 1985, nurturing the label through the demise of vinyl, the rise of CDs, the introduction of downloads and more recently the cloud, I find my label now launching... well, vinyl. Again.

With fans of the record album very much in evidence lately, we're stepping up to the plate as well. In fact, I always kept my LPs anyway. Why not make some more? So our store is now dipping into the "new" format with a few titles from various labels and we'll carry them as well as CDs. You'll see a new store "tab" on our home page dedicated exclusively to vinyl. The selection is really small right now but it's a start. Or is that, another start? Something like that, anyway.

Our own label has no less than five upcoming 180 gram premium vinyl releases in pre-production now, including at least one title that will probably be exclusive on vinyl and another one that will be greatly expanded from what it once was. Watch for news on these and more in the coming year! For CD fans, of course, we'll keep the flow happening, too. In fact, this coming Tuesday, December 2, we'll be offering two more new CDs. One simply brings an oft-requested classic back again. It's something that should always be available rather than just a now-you-see-it, now-you-don't release. The other is, in my humble opinion, a world premiere that truly defines importance. If you love really great movies and especially really great movies that have really great music, this one's for you. Watch for the artwork, track listings and sound samples to go up on our site this coming Monday evening. The CDs are in stock and will go out to you starting on Tuesday. I hope you enjoy them!