Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The string of Disney/Marvel superhero movies have...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:51 pm 

4/6/14

The string of Disney/Marvel superhero movies have all been terrific to me. So it would appear for many other comic-origin movie fans as well. They're all big successes at the box office. It would appear to continue as such. I was really excited to read that Captain America: The Winter Soldier apparently broke all box office records with the most successful April opening of all time. Some $96 million and change in the first couple of days alone. Wow! Disney & Marvel continue to get these super tales on screen just right. Congratulations to all concerned for making them about stories and characters and not just about blowing things up. I think this newest Captain America tale is one of the best of the bunch. I won't hide my extra enthusiasm. Intrada has happily been a co-branding partner with Disney & Marvel on several of the soundtrack CDs, including Winter Soldier. With The Avengers and Thor: The Dark World also in our catalog, we've become an admittedly tiny but still exciting part of the Marvel superhero universe. Our CD arrives in stock in just a few days, too!

Yesterday offered up some soundtrack fun as well. I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon at Taylor White's Creature Features event in Burbank, celebrating the music of Bruce Broughton, with our new release of Young Sherlock Holmes getting the spotlight. Seeing Bruce get so much well-deserved attention from his fans was a treat. I came with a small Intrada group which included Jeff (sales manager), Kerry (CFO) and Joe (graphic designer.) We all had the fun of mingling with soundtrack fans and took extra pleasure in seeing people walking around with Bruce Broughton albums for signing. Yep. Just about all of them were Intrada projects. Sure helped make the day memorable. An extra treat: all those incredible models in Taylor's shop. Sci-fi/horror/fantasy buffs must go to heaven every time they're in that place! A lot of eye-catchers in the store but one grabbed my eye in particular. It sticks with me still: the "Thunder Road" from Explorers. It looked exactly like the "real" one, just smaller. I didn't have an extra grand in my pocket so the model is still there for someone else to enjoy... and maybe own!