Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: With cold and flu season upon us...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm 

2/1/13

With cold and flu season upon us, it seems both bugs went straight for us here. So most of the hamsters are fighting with maladies and staying at home. Those of us working have either just recovered... or will no doubt fall prey to the bug shortly.

On the good news front. Our two newest releases are ready for shipping out this coming Tuesday, February 5. We'll post artwork and sound samples here on Monday eve prior. One finds our latest from the Warner Bros. vaults... and is actually the very first project I pursued when we began working with the studio a couple of years ago. What fun to see it has now materialized... complete and newly mixed in dynamic stereo from the original 16-channel session masters, one of the first scores recorded in the then-new 2" recording format. This one even comes with the cover I always imagined it would carry, going all the way back to the early 1970's when I first saw the western with its iconic star and daily went looking for a record that was never to be. I - and you - finally need look no further! The other CD features two complete scores, courtesy Paramount Pictures. You get a brief 1960's WWII score, in stereo, written by a double-Oscar winner, followed by a longer stereo score for a 1970's prison drama. While the composer here was already known for his sophistication in film scoring, this work easily represents his most complex and daring!