Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: With the new year...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:20 pm 

1/4/13

With the new year upon us and everyone here back at their work stations, we happily hit the ground running with two brand new CDs for release this coming Tuesday, January 8. One premieres the complete score to an action-filled 90's film by the greatest action composer of all time, in my humble little opinion. We all enjoyed the original album, albeit we also lamented the fact that literally half the score was missing from the short CD. Lament no more! Those cool action cues are soon to be yours at last. As exciting as I think that release is, I'm particularly thrilled about the second release. Here you'll find a 2-CD set of a powerful Oscar-nominated score, in glorious stereo, for a major epic film that did receive a soundtrack LP back some 40-plus years ago... but only sort of. Those looking for the stunning music after they saw the movie found an album with a great cover... but with contents aimed at a different market. Confused? You'll soon find out what's up. Enjoy knowing that we were all set to premiere that LP oddity on CD when, literally in a wonderful stroke of good fortune, we discovered the complete scoring session elements were unknowningly miss-labeled and vaulted with the film's foley and effects work and essentially lost to the ages. That is until now. What a dream come true for me... and anyone else who's ever hoped this score would one day surface. If you love big endings with fortissimo orchestra and chorus in tow, you'll find this one's a powerhouse! And just for nostalgia, we've also licensed that original LP for fun on disc two.

So, if you'd like to start the new year off with action, adventure and excitement... we've got just the stuff you're looking for!