Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yes, by popular...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:10 pm 

Yep, by popular demand... meaning we get a lot of email from you nice folks complimenting our flippers, then asking for BOTH covers to be featured on our 600x600 links. I resisted for awhile but now even Jeff is asking me to stop being out of touch on this. So I'll be working with Mark (my webhamster) to have both covers available when we do flippers.

Artwork has always been very important to me. I'm a huge fan of having the original artwork on my CDs, be it the original LP cover art (whether exciting or not) or the original one sheet campaign (be it exciting or not.) After offering both covers ("flippers") on our recent release of The Shadow, more than the normal number of requests came in for both covers being available on our hi-res link. It's kinda funny because roughly half of you prefers all new art and the other half prefers reproductions of original art. Now, with North By Northwest generating similar requests for both links... including Jeff telling me that if I'm only going to offer one 600x600 link, please drop my insistance on the original 1959 MGM campaign in favor of MGM's later sixties re-issue campaign... well, I figure it's time to agree and have my webhamster make both covers available.

I'm really happy that a number of you are enjoying our efforts to provide two covers with our CDs when we can get clearances. People do have to realize we can only do this when our license allows, and in some cases doing so actually requires extra expenses that we need to justify. With The Quiller Memorandum recently, I wanted the rare original U.S. Columbia lp artwork (it was sort of used in the Varese reissue but hampered by a wide gray border) so we obtained the rights for it. But we were also able to clear the previously unused full color international campaign. Of course, I may have also created a monster. We couldn't also reproduce the British album campaign and justify three count' em three covers so some people still weren't satisfied. Alas, us collectors do want it all.

Anyway, two covers are better than one for almost everybody. AND... I mean real flippers here. Not a front cover and a back cover that still looks like a back cover but you just turned it inside out... I mean two independent front covers that you can choose from and either one really looks like a front cover. A real flipper, like what we do here with North By Northwest. So I - and probably I alone - get that 1959 artwork at last and Jeff and the rest of the planet get the more iconic images with lots of color. Anyway, it's certainly a little more bang for your buck.

So give us some time and when we do a flipper, we'll post the hi-res links for both shortly after the release... albeit NOT until the new release itself has been posted for a few hours. Mark needs some time off. Us soundtrack collectors aren't the most patient people around but if we can wait some 25 years or so for The Shadow, or half a century for MGM's artwork to show up on North By Northwest, I think we can wait an extra few hours to get the hi-res links as well!