Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's hard to contain...
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:58 pm 

5/6/12

It's hard to contain my excitement right now. I hope this doesn't just come across as being boorish or whatever, but please read on. Early reports show THE AVENGERS breaking box office records everywhere. Passing the two hundred million mark here and another similar amount overseas. Heading towards half a billion already, in just it's first week! Never been done before. The movie's striking a chord with both critics and audiences alike. Our family loved it. Apparently lots of other families did, too.

Friends of Intrada know we got an early start with Disney back in 1987, just a couple of years into our being. We managed to license NIGHT CROSSING at a time when the famous studio had yet to license one of their actual film soundtracks to a small independent label. (This, in fact, then topped Roger's list of most wanted soundtracks yet to be released.) It was a landmark, to be sure. We followed with stuff like HONEY, I BLEW UP THE KID and HOMEWARD BOUND. More recently, our relatiuonship grew and they let us release a bunch of Horner and Goldsmith titles, stuff by Poledouris, Zimmer and others. Now we're literally partnering with them on genuine classics like TOY STORY 3, UP, THE BLACK HOLE and 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA.

But I never could have imagined they would invite us to partner with them on something as massive as THE AVENGERS. Quite literally, we've never had an opportunity to become associated with a brand new picture this successful. Based on current performance figures, few labels have. I am more than grateful to them for having such an interest in our label. I pray we can bring something besides enthusiasm to the table in return. However, I simply must say thank you to all of our loyal customers who've supported us over the years. I see from Jeff's mailing list that some of you - indeed - go all the way back to that first NIGHT CROSSING album. I'm humbled, people. I really am.