Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: POLICY ALERT!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:17 am 

9/6/11

ATTENTION! POLICY ALERT!!...

EXPLORERS is already just about sold out! We're not happy to see people get left out of such an exciting release. So we're arranging to quickly re-press an additional batch, enabling more people a chance to purchase the CD. So...

Effective immediately, Intrada plans on tweaking our limited edition model to have the quantity of CDs be more reflective of the demand. Golly!

The AFM historic rates policy remains in effect so these will, by definition, have a cap at 10,000 in any case. But our concern right now is avoiding sell-outs in 24 hours... or in this case, even less than that!!

We'll still produce limited editions, per se. If you folks love the title, we'll make enough to get around. BUT... there's always a but... the caveat will be that if you people have little interest in something we release (and we have plenty of limited editions that misfire) then we'll quickly drop that title from our active catalog and move on. As such, you may still need to make something of a quick decision on less obvious projects. Otherwise, you might check back in a few weeks to get a lowball item and it'll be gone. So we're going to keep some pressure on folks to prioritize. Our goal isn't to mothball the idea of limited editions. It's to avoid having people left out within the first day or two of release. When a limited edition sells really well, we'll make enough to meet your demand. When it slows down, we'll do the same. And if it just stalls, we'll cut it loose. YOU people get to be in charge!!

Bottom line. This is an experiment on our part to help get all of you folks who support this music a chance to get the releases you want. It's a window. It can't stay open for long, we still have licensing and AFM rules to play by. But it will allow us to make enough copies to meet your demands without overstocking... which would just sink our ship. And people who love to speculate will stay have a place in the strategy: we all will be guessing what the demand is on many titles anyway. If we're stuck with more copies than we'd like on something right off the bat... we'll delete it. And speculators may come out ahead. Personally, I'm saddened to see a title sell out instantly. Sure, I love the income. It's my livelihood. But I don't love seeing people lose out. So here's hoping this new limited edition policy at Intrada will help put you guys in the driver's seat on quantities.

This policy has no effect - obviously - on titles in which we are fortunate enough to control long-term licenses. Things like that will be in our catalog for the long haul: SILVERADO, TOMBSTONE, FIRST BLOOD, PATTON, THE WIND AND THE LION and so forth. We try to keep them around for generations, so to speak. Anyway, this is a dramatic change for the limited edition model we helped establish in the marketplace but perhaps we all may come out winners!

This goes without saying, I suppose, but this policy is an experiment. If it turns out that a lot of you folks buy titles like this JUST because they are limited, irregardless of the music, then we'll admit we shot ourselves in the foot. We'll put bandages on and follow your lead. Like I said, we're just trying right now to let YOU have some control. We understand that without you... there is no we.