Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our two newest...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:37 pm 

7/23/11

Our two newest releases will be available this coming Tuesday, July 26. Actually there's a chance one of them will be available Wednesday, July 27... but who's counting? In any case, we'll post artwork and samples this coming Monday eve. There's a world premiere complete score spread over 2-CDs and a reissue of a popular title with the reversed channels corrected for the very first time. Some people aren't particularly disturbed by the irritations of reversed channels but for me the experience of having violins on the right and cellos on the left is like placing a massive mirror between myself and the orchestra. And when I start hearing trumpets and tuba on the left and horns on the right... well, I cringe. So we've fixed that issue with this fan favorite.

Interestingly, the 2-CD project was only possible because I had a conversation with the bass trombonist from the sessions held during the seventies, pointing out what a magnificent score it was and how sad it also was that the master elements were completely lost. We could get a license on the score if someone could unearth suitable masters. And the trombonist, being a close friend of the composer, said "I kept a full-track back-up of the entire sessions. We only did it in mono anyway. And I kept it all."

Yeah, that was a wonderful outcome. So now you can have it all, too.