Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One of the projects...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:34 pm 

2/9/11

One of the projects finally getting tackled around here has been mentioned a few times but not yet really embarked upon: the posting for sale of a massive collection of out-of-print and rare CDs from a former collector's estate. Yes, several thousand. Some of you wrote with specific inquiries, others just wanted to know when we'd regularly start posting the titles on our "one-of-a-kind" pages. We did move a small handful over the last year but until now we just couldn't find time to really go at it.

Well, the time has come. With the addition of Steve now as a full-timer, I've threat... I mean encouraged him to manage the task of inventorying and posting some titles every week. It's a very data-intensive job but somebody (not me) has to do it. Titles will go up on the site in totally random order Titles will go up on the site in totally random order be they ultra-rare or common as dust and prices will be all over the map. Eventually Steve'll scan the artwork as well, but for now he's at least getting some stuff sorted out and posted. Which leaves me more time to snooz... I mean mix, edit and master upcoming albums. That's much more fun than entering endless text on the website.

One thing we still have to sort out. The collection has all of our early releases as well. I've never been a fan of selling our own rare CDs at inflated prices. That said, I know the prices these things get on the secondary market so I don't wanna just give them away, either. (Every extra buck we take in goes back into upcoming projects, which is something I am a fan of.) So rare Intrada discs will appear at some point.

As if you don't have enough CDs out there to choose from already!