Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Next week will be...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:28 pm 

11/16/10

Next week will be kind of special for Intrada, and me in particular. 25 years ago, I started this label. Amongst our landmarks were launching the concept of limited editions with full AFM and studio cooperation, opening doors with Walt Disney and nearly every other major studio over the years, convincing Jerry Goldsmith of the then-novel idea of going back and re-recording an early film score and numerous other cool happenings that helped usher all of us soundtrack fans to this exciting place we're at today.

We'll be releasing two new CDs this coming Tuesday (November 23) in our customary manner, with the titles and sound samples being posted this coming Monday eve. While both titles are pretty cool, one of them exhibits a degree of importance to our label... and me personally. You'll no doubt already own much of the score. In fact, it's a part of our history. But you've never owned it like this.

For our 25th Anniversary, enjoy a true world premiere release of one of the great action scores of all time, now in a 2-CD set, newly mixed and mastered from the actual session multi-tracks, complete for the first time and presented in film order... with the composer's own uniquely-assembled album (the one you'll be familiar with) on a second bonus disc. We've also included some pretty exciting and rare extras discovered only on the multi-track masters. (All previous issues have come from existing 1/4" album masters.) Our new release provides cleaner sound and more music than ever before.

For those curious, the main reason for releasing this project is due my own interest in having one particular release that not only identifies with Intrada's history but is quite frankly, one of my own personal favorite projects to have ever been associated with. My liner notes discuss the music, of course, but also provide a glimpse at what Intrada has been for me. I tried not to ramble at length about our entire 25 year history and kept the text mostly relevant to the score and composer at hand. But there is a little bit of "memory lane" none-the-less. (I'll only have a 25th anniversary once.) Anyway, hopefully you'll enjoy reading a little bit about us (and me) while you listen.

If the above teaser doesn't pique your interest, hopefully the fact that this special 2-CD set including the extras comes packaged for the reasonable price of a single disc.

Trust me on one thing at least: if you love this score - and most people I know do - this is surely the definitive presentation of it. The composer loved his score and the album he prepared from it. I only wish he were here to share in the spotlight today. I hope you'll enjoy having this 25th Anniversary Intrada release in your library.