Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A promise kept...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:50 pm 

1/14/10

A promise kept.

Roughly one year ago Lukas Kendall told me about his plans to put together a box of CDs by Miklos Rozsa. A big box. An ambitious box. Everything he could locate from the vast Turner library at Warner Bros. Virtually every score not yet already represented from the years 1949 through 1968 plus outtakes, alternates, various bits and pieces to familiar chestnuts as yet also unreleased. It'd cost him a lot, it'd have to sell for a lot. But impressive it would be. I promised if he pulled it off I'd celebrate the project right here.

He pulled it off... and impressive doesn't say the half of it.

Now available to own is his 15-CD Miklos Rozsa box set. It's his vision literally come to life. Packed. More music than you can shake a stick at. And what music! Everything that survived from early stuff like THE RED DANUBE, THE MINIVER STORY and THE ASPHALT JUNGLE. Stuff some of us will just now discover like THE LIGHT TOUCH and CREST OF THE WAVE. Every single surviving piece of music from QUO VADIS. A world premiere CD release of the classic re-recorded 1961 MGM LP for KING OF KINGS in stereo. The entire alternate British recording for KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE. All those previously unreleased fanfares for six trumpets written for IVANHOE. The complete (and incredibly flamboyant) ALL THE BROTHERS WERE VALIANT plus another half hour of revisions made by Conrad Salinger and Johnny Green. YOUNG BESS. TIP ON A DEAD JOCKEY. SOMETHING OF VALUE. To paraphrase Messala after the chariot race: It goes on...

Where does it stop? With the complete score for THE POWER, made from recently discovered 35mm stereo scoring session masters.

A handsome box that melds in with other box editions from FSM plus complete track listings and details for everything inside a colorful booklet all add to the glow.

Lukas promised he would make this thing the most impressive box set I would probably ever see.

He kept his promise.