[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - November 2009

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: November 2009
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:29 pm 
Site Admin

11/7/09

Time to visit our site for new CDs again. Monday, November 9, that is. Two new Intrada CDs will be posted for sale, orders will begin shipping on Tuesday. The cat jumped out of the bag on the Universal title a couple of days ago. The other one may still be a surprise, though my passion for its composer won't be. Anyway, I'm especially excited that our friends at Universal are making some really exciting projects possible. To mimic Bogart, what's coming in the months ahead are the stuff dreams are made. Okay. My dreams, anyway. But back to the two new releases for this coming Tuesday. We're offering a pair of Special Collection volumes. You'll find 2000 copies of one, 1500 copies of the other. If you love those seventies scores as much as we do, you'll probably be tempted by these tasty morsels. So please indulge!

11/13/09

People do sometimes send email requests to my mailbox. The most common one seems to be seeking a revival of the brief capsules describing new releases on soundtracks coming out from labels everywhere. My excuse for not always keeping up with this personalized feature on our site is probably reasonable: I'm too busy producing Intrada CDs to find time for all of the other goodies coming out. I have trouble playing them all, much less chronicling the contents of every one of them into paragraphs on our site. But I do miss the process. So I spent most of the afternoon playing a bunch of the new ones and tossing in my two cents as to what I heard.

Footnote here. I must admit most of what I just listened to was pretty routine, with nary a "bullseye" or "knockout" to spice things up. Just my opinion, of course, but blandness seems common these days.

Anyway, if I can manage my time more effectively, I may keep up with the capsules more often. But there are a lot of releases coming out these days. And the keyword above is may. (Managing time effectively isn't one of my strengths.)

11/19/09

Thanksgiving Day comes pretty fast from here. Another week and many people will be stuffing themselves with tradition. Could be the food, could be the family gatherings, could be the day off from work for many. But it's a great day no matter.

Adding to the good vibes will be two new Intrada releases, posting for orders on Monday (November 23) and shipping out on Tuesday the 24th. Even with the most zealous Post Office people at work, you probably won't have the discs in hand before Thanksgiving, though some of you just might. But whatever. If you're like most of us and plan on a big meal that will keep you napping for a couple of days our new CDs should be there when you wake up.

Both new releases are 2-CD sets from prolific composers who write exciting music. Nice stuff to wake up to!

11/24/09

The first 3000 copies of BACK TO THE FUTURE are gone already... thanks to a terrific response from you people. Thank you. And worry not if you haven't ordered a copy yet. More are on the way! We'll just be out of stock for ten days or so.

Our agreement allows us to make more copies than usual, albeit this is still a limited edition release. Copies should last for a little while. (But probably not for a long while.) So enjoy it while you can.

And thank you for helping us blast every copy of our new Lee Holdridge release out the door as well. It's an impressive score. Happily, it wasn't too overshadowed by the Silvestri classic.

11/25/09

Okay. Here's the part where the hamsters cry "mercy"!

If you ordered BACK TO THE FUTURE before the temporarily sold out posting... please don't worry. Your order is being processed and you needn't call or write to inquire whether your order was received. Between Thanksgiving tomorrow, the high volume of sales and the fact that both our new titles sold out immediately, my hamsters have more work cut out for them than normal. So hang in there and give us a few extra days to get everything to you. We'll deliver the goods, I promise. (We'll keep at least three hamsters running in the treadwheels while the activity is high.)

Now. If you placed an order after the notice went up, you'll still get a copy as soon as the new batch arrives. So there's still no need to panic. Our system is pretty robust and keeps track of every order.

We haven't hit our maximum allowable units yet, so we've got more coming... albeit at this rate, running out at some point is very likely. But that probably won't happen this year so order with confidence and let the hamsters do their thing. I'll clean up the pellets afterwards.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]