[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - February 2009

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: February 2009
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

2/7/09

Heads up, fence sitters. We're deleting two CDs from our active catalog. If you've been thinking about getting either Christopher Caliendo's MAJOR DUNDEE or Mark McKenzie's very pretty CD that pairs IN FROM THE NIGHT with SILVER BELLS, you may want to take the plunge just about now. We'll keep them both in stock through the end of February. After that, they'll be deleted from our catalog. Gone but not forgotten.

Or something like that.

2/13/09

Friday the 13th. Scary day. If you survive the weekend without too much trouble, you can look forward to our newest Special Collection release this coming Tuesday, February the 17th. As usual, we'll post things around 5:15 or so on Monday evening prior. 1000 copies to go around. If there aren't a lot of surprises in store this time around, there's certainly bang for your buck. Twenty dollars gets you 74 minutes of music.

Our two-at-a-time release pattern returns on March 3. And in my humble opinion, that's gonna be an exciting day. One title ranks as the kind you'd have expected to get released based on the mega-wattage of both composer and movie - but it didn't. That is, until now. So it'll be a blast from the past, circa those fabulous 1980's. Needless to say, we're excited about it. And the other one - from the sixties - is pretty cool, too.

2/21/09

Speeches typically come after awards are presented. It's appropriate to acknowledge them, of course. There are thank yous and snubs. However, since I'm rarely in a situation where speeches are given, inexperience comes into play... so anything goes.

The International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) has just given out its awards in the film music industry for notable achievements made during the last year.

I am very proud that the IFMCA saw fit to honor Intrada as the "2008 Film Music Record Label Of The Year". In addition to this award, Intrada was also awarded "Best New Release/Re-Release Of An Existing Score" for last year's Special Collection two-CD release of THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL by Jerry Goldsmith.

I often mention how grateful I am to customers and supporters of film music everywhere, but I less often really thank the people closer to home. So I'll try.

Thank you to my partners who got me started and to my family who kept my spirits up during times both good and bad. My entire crew is peerless but I want to spotlight three of them that really keep this ship afloat: Jeff Johnson, who makes sure you get the CDs we produce, Joe Sikoryak, who makes sure they look and feel great, and especially Roger Feigelson, who literally lights up the waters ahead of us so we can see where we're going.

It also just feels right to mention two individuals outside of Intrada who remain inspirations for me in all of this.

For me, Lukas Kendall sets the bar by which quality and value are measured. I've seen his commitment to making the best CDs possible. He's generous, he inspires me and I think about his achievements often.

Nick Redman pioneers the restoration and release of countless gems making up the vast musical legacy of 20th Century Fox. He also lends time and assistance to numerous organizations, rescuing once-lost treasures, imparting wisdom and lots of other stuff like a modern-day Indiana Jones.

Anyway, these two guys opened up vaults, restored elements and literally built a template for bringing soundtrack collectors together in one room. I'm proud to be in that room with them.

And - yep - bottom line, I'm thanking all of you once again for supporting the soundtracks we've been producing. Without you... I couldn't be here saying thank you in the first place.

(Doug now raises his arms up in the air, looks around the whole room... and shouts a big 'boo-yah'!) Very Happy

2/27/09

Next week will be pretty exciting! I alluded to a release with mega-wattage in terms of box office and composer success. Some of you guys are really good at picking up clues. It's Roger's ballgame so I shouldn't monkey with it. (Yeah, hamsters and monkeys. Lots of animals around here.) But in the interests of full disclosure (sort of) I will admit some of you may have both guessed the title and then dismissed the possibility of it based on my wacky responses. So dismiss nothing, ignore my comments (sort of) and have fun with the big one. The smaller release for next week is really good, too, so don't miss out on it either.

Bottom line. I'm happy to say we've pulled off one of the ones people thought would never get pulled off, even if some of you have already figured out what we've pulled off and then dismissed it as not possible because I said it wasn't possible. (I'm not confused, are you?)

And, to keep the ball rolling, we'll announce the two new limited releases like normal this coming Monday at about 5:15 PM, but with the additional activity surrounding our already-announced March release for Universal's ROLE MODELS (not limited but with tighter release deadlines) you can plan on orders for the two limited titles to begin shipping on Friday the 6th, instead of Tuesday the 3rd. It's gonna be a really busy week around here, especially next Friday. Just watch those hamsters go!

Onto other stuff. Please remember that we are deleting both MAJOR DUNDEE and IN FROM THE NIGHT/SILVER BELLS from our active catalog after tomorrow, February 28. So now's the time to order them, if you haven't already done so but still want to.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]