[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - June 2008

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: June 2008
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

6/6/08

We've been stacking up stuff for the Anything Goes and One-Of-A-Kind Items store categories but keep getting side-tracked with our new releases. Silly us! Anyway, some stuff's just been added to both destinations. We'll add a lot more CDs in there as soon as we muster up the time and energy.

6/11/08

It's safe to say the current soundtrack scene is jam-packed with limited editions. It's a good thing. With the musicians union and (most) studios willing to make this stuff available to our meager audience, we're now getting albums once thought impossible. An example: from Varese Sarabande we'll soon get IRON EAGLE on CD - one of my own dreams now turned real!

We've been helping keep this niche market busy ourselves, too. People keep asking us what we've got left on various titles. Generally we post a notice when things get down to the last 100 copies or so. But lately things are hectic enough that perhaps I should mention what's hitting the 200-or-less marker right now. I don't know if this qualifies as a low quantity alert but maybe it'll help you prioritize your purchases and still leave you with enough jingle in your pocket to buy a gallon or two of gas. Maybe.

We don't necessarily want limited things to disappear in an instant. If the title has some luster about it, we enjoy having it available in our catalog for a while. This way, people have time to discover it. Of course, on things like ALIEN, THE WIND AND THE LION, TOMBSTONE, SILVERADO and whatever, we have long-term licenses so they'll be around for awhile anyway. But when restrictions apply, stuff can come and go pretty much at any time.

So if it'll help, here are some limited releases where only about 200 copies remain: INVASION U.S.A.; SATURN 3; A WALK WITH LOVE AND DEATH and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PRESENTS THE EXPLORERS. Our recent release for THE BIG GAMBLE is approaching that number already. And, in fact, we're now down to just 125 copies of MAX DUGAN RETURNS so it'll start vanishing from our warehouse soon anyway.

However, if you're really into counting beans no matter what, we still have 500 copies of MALONE on hand. I can't say with a straight face you'd better rush on this one but it's a cool album at least.

6/12/08

Okay, based on yesterday's comments, some of you people took notice. As a result, SATURN 3 is now sold out. MAX DUGAN RETURNS will probably follow suit very soon.

I guess the sad thing is seeing titles come and go before everyone's had a chance to obtain them. Then again, that's the trade-off in finally getting them licensed - which is a good thing, of course. None of us want to go back to the old system where fees were astronomical and unit sales needed to be in the tens of thousands just to cover the costs. Song lovers rarely went thirsty but things were dry as a bone for us score fans.

Naturally, another good thing is seeing boxes come and go around here. Every item that sells out makes room for another new title.

And if you're still sitting on the fence about MALONE, Jeff tells me you can safely stay seated for awhile. (However, I still say you're missing out on a cool album.)

6/20/08

Thank you for making our release of THE DELTA FORCE a resounding success. We normally expect fast responses to heavy artillery but responses like this to lighter artillery are something else. This was really cool for us.

The routine is pretty familiar to our neighbors at Varese Sarabande, of course. They kind of paved the way to make deals for 1000 units possible. I recall us having some nice response to SHADE and THE TOWER when we started the Signature Editions. We also had success with LAST FLIGHT OUT and HERCULES. But nothing above moved like THE DELTA FORCE. So again, thank you.

I realize the market place is very crowded these days. It's understandably necessary for you to prioritize your purchases. It's very competitive for the labels as well. When we first started our company, the only other player in this arena was Varese. The number of albums coming out was certainly less spectacular. But since then, we've seen licensors and unions make all sorts of things possible and we've watched soundtrack outfits spring up from all corners of the globe.

It's a great time to be a fan of movie music. It's also a great time to be producing albums for those same fans. I can't think of a better job on the planet than the one I have here - making instrumental movie music available for you precious few who support it. I'm humbled for this. Once again I thank you for making my job possible. And, yes, the hamsters processing all the orders are happy, too - though they may not realize it.

6/27/08

We'll be posting our two newest limited edition releases for sale on Tuesday, July 1. They'll be up on the site Tuesday morning at 7:00 am, assuming we're all awake around here.

Both are Special Collection releases, ready for shipping that same day. Quantities are 1500 and 3000. While we love our albums to sell quickly, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to wake up when you normally do, check out what we've got when you normally make your soundtrack rounds and still find both titles available. While my crystal ball broke some time ago, I figure 3000 copies of just about anything should last for a while. Okay, I take it back. BABY was an exception. (The cute dinosaur on the cover no doubt made all the difference.) But that said, our 1500 copy offering has some appealing stuff going for it so if collecting limited editions is your thing, don't sleep in all day.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]