[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - November 2005

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: November 2005
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

11/12/05

For those of you asking when the next Signature Edition will come out, we've got an answer. We'll be announcing it at the end of our work day on Tuesday the 15th. As they say, operators will be standing by so place those pre-orders.

11/15/05

As promised we've announced a new Signature Edition. Laurence Rosenthal remains one of the few gifted conservatory level "real" composers active in film music. ECHO OF THUNDER showcases the mastery of melody and sensitive dramatic composition that graced his work for THE MIRACLE WORKER and A RAISIN IN THE SUN.

And get ready all you fans of the Golden Age! We'll have word on our next Special Collection volume very soon!

11/17/05

Sometimes things are coming, sometimes things are going. Sometimes it's both.

What's coming: You may have heard about BALLETS RUSSES, a current documentary feature getting plenty of attention. If not, you'll hear lots more come Oscar time. Obviously classical in nature, it none-the-less offers exquisite original music by our good friend Todd Boekelheide in collaboration with David Conte. It's warm, it's sensitive, it's orchestral with an abundance of transparent strings, woodwinds, French horn and harp. And yes, I'm biased. So in addition to everything else happening here (an exciting "golden age" double-header is also nearing announcement) we'll be releasing the score for Todd and David's beautiful score for BALLETS RUSSES. Sample some tidbits this Monday evening when we put it up on the site. Anticipated street date is December 6. It'll be a standard Intrada release, not limited and it'll be priced to own at $14.99.

What's going: HUSH... HUSH, SWEET CHARLOTTE. We're already down to the last 200 copies, probably less by the time you read this. If you're waffling on this one, now's the time to order it!

11/20/05

BALLETS RUSSES will be posted this Monday evening. While you're listening to a few samples I'll be doing some sampling of a different kind. I'm in Washington, DC for a couple of days, poking around those corridors of Bush & Company, courtesy my cool contacts with "Foggy Bottom", also known as the State Department! Those guys can sure use some good advice these days. How about some Howard Shore today, Mr. Prez?

Once back here at home, as promised, we'll have yet another goodie to announce by the 29th. So don't change that channel!

11/22/05

Wrapped up chores at US Department of State. Stomping ground for Condoleezza Rice. Work stuff, fun stuff, then half a day at the Holocaust Museum. The fun stops here. If you've been here, you already know. If not, make it here someday.

I was told if I wanted to learn, interpret, I'd need more than a few hours. That was true. I was told if I wanted to reflect, hours wouldn't do. True again. So I learned, I interpreted. I'll probably reflect for the rest of my life.

Overwhelming to say the least. It drains you. Not just the atrocity. You see the worst in mankind, yes. You also see the best.

I was told there would be lines. Long lines, endless lines. How true. You start at the 4th floor, you work your way down to the bottom. I was told that you'd never get to the actual Hall of Remembrance with dry eyes. True yet again.

I took a lot of memories away with me. Growing up with the US Air Force, thoughts and prayers for friends who have been affected by the Holocaust more than I can even imagine, stuff I can't explain.

When I return I'll be anxious to discover the newest from John Williams. It pales next to what I just saw, what I just heard. But it sure will help with the memories.

11/25/05

No one else came to work this afternoon so I'll get some quality playtime in. MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA. Quality inside and out. Upon return from DC and politics and the Holocaust archives, it's music to soothe the soul. And it's John Williams on top of the world. It feels good to be back.

There's lots of new stuff here to play, to write capsules on. But those'll have to wait another day, maybe two. Right now it's MEMOIRS again and again, then a family get-together late tonight for WAR OF THE WORLDS. This year belongs to John.

Perhaps without coincidence, upon return from DC and the Holocaust Museum both of my teenagers immediately wanted to watch SCHINDLER'S LIST. It'd be their first time seeing it. I don't know if they really knew what it was about. Given those prior few days in DC, I simply told them to think intense.

(1993 was John's year, too. What year wasn't, I wonder?)

Some Intrada news. When everyone comes back to work on Monday we'll already have another dynamic Fox score to announce. In fact, two exciting ones, on one disc! And yet another double-header wraps within two weeks as well! There's just no rest for the weary. On the other hand, maybe by then I'll have Williams on a back burner for a while and someone else'll be on a front one.

Then again, maybe not.

I hear MUNICH off in the distance...

11/29/05

Rolling into the last month of the year. You can't make a straight face and say we're not busy. Our latest offering of twin Fox titles on one CD brings the number of movie scores due on Intrada over these next few weeks to five! Choose what interests you. We're talking variety here. (Think we can get anything else squeezed out just in time for the coming holidays?)

The new year is already packed with a stream of goodies to offer. You'll be set for months to come. Along the way we'll also be offering some exciting new developments to our operations here. But more on those later.

I write this as I play ZATHURA. Lots of energy. Debney hits plenty of right notes, covers all that requisite Goldsmith-Williams-Horner territory. But I'm also waiting for something to really hang on to. Will there be a corker of a theme? At least one solid tune I can remember when the disc stops? I've got 7 tracks to go. Time will tell.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]