Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Big Fish Danny Elfman
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:16 pm 

With Intrada’s recent (and fantastic may I add) release of Elfman’s Sleepy Hollow, it got me to thinking about some of his other scores that could be possibly expanded in the future. Now, I’m well aware that big fish was pretty generously expanded in the Danny Elfman & Tim Burton music box, but given that the box’s rare and expensive status, I think Big Fish is still fair game for an either expanded or complete release. I personally think it’s among some of Elfman’s best works and is incredibly underrated! I also believe that the version featured in the music box isn’t complete either. Perhaps Intrada might be able to look into pursuing this one in the future?

Post subject: Re: Big Fish Danny Elfman
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:14 am 

It's so long since I've seen the movie, I just can't recall how much of Elfman's score is yet to be released. However I note the original Sony soundtrack album only had a playing time of just over an hour (and Elfman's music yielded a lot of running time to pop vocals). On the face of it, it seems there's scope for an Expanded Edition. (I see those people who so love vinyl are being asked to fork out something like $100+ for the privilege of getting the same CD program as a double LP set! I'm sure if we get an Expanded Edition on CD, it'll be considerably cheaper than that!)