Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amadeus (1984) - Complete Soundtrack
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:16 am 

This isn't really a conventional suggestion for a film soundtrack release, considering all of the score is made up of pre-existing, non-original music, but seeing as how much music was originally recorded for this film and hasn't seen an official CD release, I think this would be a sweet release.

There have been several releases of this soundtrack in different variants (The original 2-Disc version, a 3-Disc "Complete Soundtrack Recording" version (which combined the original release with the additional "More music from Amadeus" CD), and a 2-Disc "Director's Cut" version with a slightly different track listing from the previous 2). However, none of these releases included the absolute COMPLETE body of music that was recorded for this film. There is plenty of "diegetic" music in the film, whether that be a character playing the piano or an opera sequence, that didn't get any official release on CD. A few specific instances I can think of are at the beginning of the film when Salieri first meets the priest and plays some of his music for him, and from the performance of "The Magic Flute" near the end of the film, especially Papageno's aria.

I think 4 or 5 disc boxset release for this film's soundtrack would be awesome, and I'm sure there was quite a bit of music that was recorded for the film but never saw the light of day through any release, including the 2002 Director's Cut version of the film.