[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Carter Burwell's "Psycho III"

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Carter Burwell's "Psycho III"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:49 am 

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had heard any more news regarding Carter Burwell's score for "Psycho III"?
I remember hearing word about a possible release round about the same time (or a little after) Jerry Goldsmith's "Psycho II" score received the long-awaited Intrada treatment.

Are there issues with this particular score finding a way to the public? Perhaps licensing problems?

I eagerly await any news!

Post subject: Re: Carter Burwell's "Psycho III"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:43 am 

Carter Burwell was interviewed recently about the SPACE FORCE Netflix series and mentioned that this score is finally being released by a "Spanish label" [must be Quartet] as a 2-CD set with the complete score + LP program.

I'm curious to see if it will in fact be a 2-CD. As the movie does not have much music I believe the complete score + the 31 min. LP program would fit on one CD even with the repetition of cues. But maybe there are unused and alternate tracks - in any case the more the better.
I'm happy that this long overdue very unique score will finaly get released on CD and on complete form (my most anticipated unreleased track is for the scene on which Maureen returns to the house at the end of the film, but all the missing music is great, like the middle portion of “Before And After The Shower” that maybe should be renamed “Before, During And After The Shower” for the complete score program)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:47 am 

That sounds great! I can't wait for this release either. It's LONG overdue.
Thanks for the update. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:45 am 

I hope this is true. I mean, I saw Mr. Burwell's interview where he said it - but so far, there has been no news on when we can expect a release. If anyone hears anything, please post it here!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:53 pm 

I always thought it would be Intrada that would release a Psycho III CD. They did such an exquisite job with the Psycho II soundtrack.

Maybe the extra mixes of "Scream of Love" are helping justify a double-CD set. At the time, Universal/MCA really wanted a marketable pop song on the Psycho III soundtrack, to go along with a music video that would get airplay on Mtv, as many films got great promotion this way. None of Carter Burwell's musical ideas were commercial enough for the MCA execs, so he and David Sanborn made a more "pop" version of the saxophone love theme. Still not the hit they wanted, and the video on Mtv likely ran just one time, when Anthony Perkins was a guest VJ in the summer of 1986. Great music, though.

At any rate, the idea of a double-CD Psycho III soundtrack is superb!

I am having trouble finding Carter Burwell saying anything about Psycho III, even though I found an interview with him about Space Force.

If anyone knows how to locate the interview, would you please post a link to it, and the time stamp of where he discusses Psycho III? I would be most appreciative.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:46 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:33 pm 

Fugues, thanks so much! I had not seen that particular interview before. Burwell sounded pretty confident about it, and said the Spanish label is "about to put out" the release. Of course, that could mean months from now, but it sounds absolutely legit.

If it is Quartet Records releasing it, it looks like Intrada would be selling it, because they sell other CDs from Quartet.

In Burwell's own words, it's "a collectors edition Psycho III score."

That's what we like to hear around here. Bring it on!

As 2020 continues to dump its horrors on humanity, maybe the cosmos decided we at least deserved one GOOD thing this year, a "collectors edition" Psycho III CD!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:07 pm 

I contacted Quartet Records and they told me they have no plans to release Psycho III. I wonder who got the rights and who's releasing it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:05 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:07 pm 

Well, It always seemed more Intrada territory to me.
I think any label that may be releasing it (Intrada released part two and continues to put out regularly Universal titles, Lalaland with most of the Heritage series titles [even if unlikely to be labeled at that series as it had an MCA LP release] or Varese Sarabande - which, like Intrada, could sound Spanish to Mr. Burwell) seems to be doing the right thing, as Burwell expressly mentions it will be a colectors release with the complete score + album)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:48 pm 

Boy, wouldn't it be great to get a full score of PSYCHO III from Intrada for Halloween? Why, yes! Recently, Carter Burwell confirmed the full score was coming but he didn't say which label. I've checked with Quartet, La La Land and others - nothing. Please, Intrada. You did a marvelous job with Jerry Goldsmith's PSYCHO II. Here's hoping!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:45 pm 

Finally comming from Intrada on January 12th! Fantastic news to start 2021.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:56 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:38 am