Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Fan (1981) by Pino Donaggio
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:08 pm 

This was an underrated film about a screen star (Lauren Bacall) who is menaced by a psychopathic fan (Michael Biehn, before his role in 'The Terminator'). It has a very creepy score written by Pino Donaggio, who had also scored 'Piranha' and 'The Howling', both for Joe Dante. It's a very menacing, frightening score that fits the movie so well. Here's hoping it sees a release!

Post subject: Re: The Fan (1981) by Pino Donaggio
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:03 pm 

I wholeheartedly second this request. I've been seeking The Fan since I first experienced the movie almost 30 years ago. I know from previous mentions that the rights get interesting, but I would love getting the score even if the rights couldn't be obtained for the musical songs. The opening is an amazing use of score to punctuate the on screen activity. Other highlights include an attack in the subway, a YMCA and even in an alley. The love theme makes a nice transition from the tenser sequences that ramp up as the fan's delusions intensify. I definitely hope this one will eventually see the light of day. At least they finally released a blu-ray.

Post subject: Re: The Fan (1981) by Pino Donaggio
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:47 pm 

The score rights are the complete problem and that is with the Producer Robert Stigwood's estate who hold the rights to the score and right now, they don't want to release it. This is the very same problem that's holding up Michael Kamen's Highlander and Elmer Bernstein's Slipstream (a legal release) which the producers are not too keen on seeing it released at this point in time.

Believe me alot of labels have tried to release this over the years and it is the same issue as I stated. Sorry.