Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Animaniacs Score Collection - Richard Stone
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:29 am 

The television show Animaniacs was a big success in both critical and commercial terms during the 90's. Executive produced by Steven Spielberg and bolstering a top-notch voice cast and animation team, the show touched both children and parents alike. With the upcoming revival, which will debut on Hulu in 2020, it got me thinking about the fun memories I had watching reruns of Animaniacs. And one particular element I always remembered was Richard Stone's score.

The late Mr Stone, often dubbed "The Great Stone-ini", was by many considered to be the true musical successor to Carl Stalling. Since Animaniacs was very much like the Looney Tunes shorts of old, Stone's score reflected this atmosphere very well. Since I started collecting soundtracks, I have always wondered why this music never got a (semi-)full release.

I think this might be the perfect way to celebrate the legacy of both Animaniacs and Mr Stone himself. A possible strategy could be as follows:

- A 2-CD package (preferably)
- Opening and closing with an instrumental version of the Animaniacs theme
- Like The Carl Stalling Project, grouping several cues together into suites (based on specific characters or "moods")
- A couple of full episode recordings, most fittingly the closing episode "The Animaniacs Suite", which would be the penultimate track

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IlK98VbQAE&list=PLjdafFgMvo33rC5Q5km9OMtRB1UKgWNGw&index=7&t=0s[/youtube]

Have a great day!