Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scooby-Doo, Where are you! - by Ted Nichols
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:50 am 

Who else here would like to have an official release of this show's memorable underscore from Ted Nichols? I think it's due for an actual release, especially considering The Flintstones has already gotten one.

The closest thing we've gotten to this is Scooby-Doo's Snack Tracks: The Ultimate Collection. It's got some of the music from the series, particularly the songs during the chase sequences during the 2nd season, but no underscore...I feel it's time we got a release that would allow us to hear it in it's entirety.

Post subject: Re: Scooby-Doo, Where are you! - by Ted Nichols
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:36 pm 

Considering it's the long-running animated property in history -- and that familiar score has surfaced in half of the incarnations of the show (as well as a few of Hanna-Barbera's various clones) -- it's odd that there's never been a good "Scooby-Doo" album.

The long out-of-print "Snack Tracks" CD omitted two of the Danny Jannsen songs ("Pretty Mary Sunlite" and "I Can Make You Happy") in favor of the covers by Jerry Reed and Davy Jones from "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" (which were inferior, IMO), plus they only included the season 1 version of the theme song. There was literally room for 40 more minutes of music on that CD, so it irks me that they didn't include both versions of each song. A few instrumental variations of the theme song have made their way onto bloated Hanna-Barbera CD compilations, but never the complete score for the show.

Also conspicuously absent from CD are the songs from "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo," which seemed tailor-made for an album.

There's an enormous multigenerational Scooby-Doo fanbase that spans back 50 years, so it's about time that somebody got off their butts and gave Scooby-Doo's music the lavish attention that it deserves. I do appreciate Rhino's attempt with "Snack Tracks," but that was a frustrating release due to its many omissions and the annoyingly unnecessary dialogue snippets at the end of practically every track.