[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - SUPERGIRL

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SUPERGIRL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:21 am 

We need a reissue in complete form with all the takes from Silva and Varese's albums remastered. Any chance ?

Post subject: Re: SUPERGIRL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:26 am 

One of my favorites of Jerry Goldsmith. I would love to see a more complete (with today's standards as a base for that) of JG's thrilling score. A camp-fest of a movie, but so good natured in it's storytelling. The music associated with Faye Dunaway is awesome!

Maybe one day this will happen...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:58 pm 

My favourite Jerry Goldsmith score!!! 8)

A complete, 2 CD, please! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm 

This is SO not fair! I have been posting about my undying love for this score (needless to say it's compsoer too!) for as long as I have been on these boards! :twisted: My heart soars (pun intended!) when I hear others in the same league as me - it's such an amazing score, of course the scope isn't as broad as some of Jerry's other acclaimed masterpieces but makes no difference.

I was grateful when Silva released their edition, but times have moved forward, and soundtrack releases are more premium, advanced, remastered and sound so great. It's time that Supergirl recieved the same treatment as many others. I had hoped that FSM would release the score because they tackled the Superman Box set but alas, this has not been meant to be.

Somewhere on the FSM boards I posted a potential tracklisting for a great 2CD release. Lemme see if I can find it...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:20 pm 

From what I originally posted...

Just a thought, clear notion, top of head... Supergirl really does deserve a proper remastered 2 disc release as only FSM (or Intrada for that matter) could do. Here would be a good idea of how it could be done! Respond if it sounds alright! ~ (NOTE: The commented scenes are denoting if the cues were in the IV or DC.)
* Contains unreleased music
**Previously Unreleased.
DISC 1
1. Main Title/Argo City (Film Version: Appeared on Varese release)
2. Argo City Mall
3. The Butterfly
4. The Adventure Begins
5. The Binary Chute (FILM Version: More symphonic and w/ choir)**
6. The Omegahedron (Selena and Nigel)**
7. Arrival on Earth/Flying Ballet (Film Version)
8. Selena & Bianca (In Director's Cut)**
9. Chicago Lights/City Streets
10. Selena's Party Foul (International and Director's Versions)**
11. A New School
12. Typewriter**
13. Piano Source Music (Lucy and Linda in Dorm)**
14. The Superman Poster
15. Steel Shoulder/The Map*
16. Nigel's Face/Ethan Spellbound (Film Version)*
17. The Monster Tractor
18. First Kiss/The Monster Storm (Film/Orchestral Version)*
19. The Bracelet
20. Carousel Love/Where is She?/9M3*
21. The Flying Bumper Car
22. The Coconut/Where is Linda?*
23. Black Magic/Supergirl to Phantom Zone*
24. The Phantom Zone
25. The Vortex/Zaltar's Sacrifice
26. The Final Showdown & End Title (Film Version)

DISC 2 - Alternates and Varese Presentation
1. Overture
2. The Binary Chute (Complete Orchestral Version)**
3. Ethan Spellbound (Silva edit)
4. Main Title (Silva edit)
5. First Kiss/The Monster Storm (Silva edit)
6. Flying Ballet (Alternate U.S. Version)
7. The Map (Alternate)
8. The flying bumper Car (Alternate)**
9. Love Theme Suite**
10. Main Title
11. Where is She?
12. Black Magic
13. First Flight
14. The Butterfly
15. Where is Linda
16. The Monster Tractor
17. The Bracelet
18. The Monster Storm
19. A New School
20. The Flying Car
21. The Map
22. 9M3
23. End Title

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:55 am 

Well said. However, from what I understand, and can tell because I DO have the Varese CD, the main title on that pressing IS the film version, at least the US one. I am not so sure about there being 3 different versions of some cues, though I DO know that there are some fully orchestral versions of "Arrival On Earth" and even a "Love Theme Suite" that needs to be heard! I say we get this show on the road!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm 

Yes... this really needs to be re-visited. In 1985 I had written Jerry Goldsmith a letter stating how much I appreciated and loved his music. I pointed out SUPERGIRL being one of my all time favorite scores by him. Back then I sent my letter to Varese Sarabande and they must have forwarded it to Mr. Goldsmith.

Several months later I got a response. Letterhead stated Jerry Goldsmith. He wrote that had just worked on RAMBO 2 and EXPLORERS. He also said he appreciated my comments about my love for the SUPERGIRL score. At the end of the letter he signed with his famous signature. :) I still have this today. Framed in my media room. I so miss a NEW score by him. But, I have to say, I am so very glad companies like Intrada, FSM, LLLR and others continue to release expansions of his work.

Years ago I was actually at a local Kmart and found a multi dvd set of SUPERGIRL. It contained the US and Euro print. The changes are amazing. I love the Euro print so much better.

If anyone is listening/reading out there... I would love (and so would others) for SUPERGIRL to be looked at again for an up to date expansion. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:47 pm 

The Supergirl score was one of the scores that really got me into the whole movie soundtrack thing.
I remember being excited by the sounds in it and found it very uplifting.

I used to play the vinyl soundtrack in my bedroom :)

I'd love a full unedited re-issue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:44 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 am 

Please, please, please release a digitally remastered complete score to this excellent movie!!! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:52 am 
I don't want to crush any hopes for this one, but it might very well be the case that Silva now has perpetual album rights for this score. We know for sure that they do with Legend thanks to a producer's comment, and the fact that Supergirl is sold by Silva via iTunes/Amazon MP3 indicates the same situation here. It looks to be the same for First Blood Part II.

In other words, it is probably most productive to contact Silva about your desire for a definitive edition of this work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:14 pm 

I contacted La La Land Records about releasing the complete score and they replied with "Love to but Silva holds the rights."

I was watching the movie last night and there's music when Supergirl finds herself trapped in the prisoner diamond and whisked off to the Phantom Zone. This music isn't on Silva's 1993 release of the score. Also, there's a break in music from when Supergirl flies out of the vortex to face Selena and the start of the battle.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:48 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:44 am 

I sent Silva an email the other night requesting a definitive release of the score. Let's see if they respond.