Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE DEVIL AND MAX DEVLIN (1981) - a Disney possibility?
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:48 am 

Dear Intrada,

I am such a fan of your work, especially the incredible Disney releases of The Black Cauldron and Escape to Witch Mountain soundtracks. You are somehow able to get through the red tape to access vaults filled with incredible material that we fans thought would never see the light of day!

That being said, I have a suggested title for you to investigate: The Devil and Max Devlin (1981)

The film has a cult following, has never had a soundtrack release, features songs by Oscar and Tony Award winner Marvin Hamlisch, and has "single" versions and mixes of the songs released on 45s at the time that are now quite rare and different from the versions used for the finished film. I can see a CD release with alternate mixes, etc. Julie Budd stars in and performs songs in the film and is quite active on social media; I bet she'd consent to an interview about the film to be printed in the liner notes! Ms. Budd also sang the title song for the Disney film Amy (1981) released a month after The Devil and Max Devlin - that would make for a relevant bonus track!

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Sincerely,
Chuck Pennington