[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Psycho III - Carter Burwell

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Psycho III - Carter Burwell
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:19 pm 

Any chance of us getting Psycho III this year, say around Halloween time? The movie turned 31 years old this past July and it would make a great addition to the Intrada library and my collection. I know there are dozens of cues that never made it into the final LP album by Carter Burwell. Please? Is there a way to find out if this is in the works? Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Psycho III - Carter Burwell
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:52 am 

I had high hopes it would be released soon alter PSYCHO II...
It remains one of my top grails and I hope Intrada can release it complete soon!
Never released no CD and lot of music missing from the LP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:56 pm 

Psycho III is top on my list for desired soundtracks, especially if we can have a complete version with all the cues. I know "Scream of Love" has at least 3 versions so there is plenty to work with in terms of bonus tracks as well. I think "Psycho IV: The Beginning" would be a good release. May as well have them all. I've just about given up that anyone at Intrada is really paying any attention to these suggestions. Seems like we've been pleading our case for this release for at least the past three years without any results. Disappointing to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:19 pm 

You would think Psycho would get a little more respect - especially after the resurgence interest thanks to the A&E show. Anyway, I think that frustration is simply this: several years ago, a poster in one of the Intrada suggestion forums indicated that an expanded version of PSYCHO III may be coming. While we are thrilled to have Jerry Goldsmith's PSYCHO II, Burwell's PSYCHO III was an interesting score. And forgive me for saying this (as I am still planning to buy it and love the movie and the music) but if we can have an expanded version of Bruce Broughton's HONEY I BLEW UP THE KID, there is certainly a market for PSYCHO III.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:39 pm 

In fact I'm part of the market to both. Purchased the expanded Broughton score and would buy a complete PSYCHO III instantly.

I still have hope that it will be released some day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:08 am 

I doubt very much Universal is the hold up in releasing rights to Psycho III music. I'm sure there wasn't as big a demand for "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" soundtrack and yet that was released on Percepto years ago. Even though I do love that score and even have one of the Vic Mizzy authographed copies. I don't think there are many people who even heard of that film but Psycho III! Come on! Even turds like Jaws III and Jaws the Revenge were able to get soundtrack releases. Not bad soundtracks but bad movies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:12 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 am 

Personally I would rather have all the Psycho scores (4 Included) rather than all the Jaws scores but that's just my preference. Another Score that I think should be added as a complete expanded score is Philippe Sarde's "Ghost Story". Again,not a great film but a great score. The film was recently given a Blu Ray release with some extra features so it wouldn't be a bad time to release that one too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:13 am 

With Burwell in the spotlight with two excellent scores for Three Bilboards and Wonderstruck, its a good time to remember one of his first scores: Psycho III
Hope there’s no major issue like missing or damages tapes preventing this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:05 pm 

"Psycho II" was one of my ultimate holy-grail albums, and I couldn't have been happier than the day that I received the Intrada CD, with its loving restoration of the complete score, alternate cues, and the awesome booklet. Like others, I expected "Psycho III" to soon follow, but now it's 4 years later and I'm still waiting. At least part II had the luxury of an earlier CD release (albeit incomplete), which is more than I can say for the (also truncated) album for part III. Here's hoping that the complete score makes it to CD one day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:22 pm 

Psycho II has one of my favorite scores ever. The expanded edition is by far my favorite Intrada release.
I believe they're aware there's a lot of interest in an expanded edition of Psycho III. Must be a rights issue or something.

Body Snatchers - Joe Delia
Showgirls - David A. Stewart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:18 am 

It certainly would be nice to know where Intrada is with this title. It has certainly been top on my request list for years now and after the release of Psycho II, I really thought this one would follow soon..but still no sign of Psycho III. I think this franchise deserves the same treatment as the Jaws franchise. All four movies had Intrada releases one after the other. I'd love to see a release of both Psycho III and IV soundtracks from Intrada very soon.