Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEVADA SMITH and/or AIRPORT by Alfred Newman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:18 am 

I would like to know if Intrada has ever considered releasing an actual score or soundtrack to the motion picture Nevada Smith, music by Alfred Newman? As far as I can tell, there has never been an actual Nevada Smith score/soundtrack released, only a crappy, stylized recording that does not resemble the motion picture score/soundtrack at all. Some of the old CD/Album tracks even sounds like elevator music.

Also, there is an old CD/Album of the soundtrack to the motion picture Airport, music by Alfred Newman, that includes only 11 tracks. Might there be plans for releasing the score/soundtrack of Airport which would include all available tracks?

Last edited by Marcus on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NEVADA SMITH and/or AIRPORT by Alfred Newman
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:32 pm 

Both LP albums of those scores were re-recordings, not the film recordings. I would be all over an Intrada issue of the original film recordings, possibly with the LP recordings as bonuses. I would also LOVE to get Alfred Newman's penultimate score, 1968's Firecreek...but sadly since the advent of WaterTower music Warner Bros. titles seem to have slowed to a trickle so I don't know when (or if) we'll ever see this. Speaking of 60s Newman, I would also love a redone How the West Was Won. The Rhino issue of that has some problems which I think Intrada could greatly improve upon as they did for North by Northwest.

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:35 am 

It would be nice if anyone could at least tell us if the original recordings of NEVADA SMITH still exist or not. We all know that there are big problems with original tapes there for scores from the mid 60s till the mid 70s. But during the last years I have seen no comment regarding this Newman score from any of the labels (Intrada or Lalaland) who might be in the know about it. Why such silence about this score?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 am 

As with Goldsmith's Seconds from that era of Paramount, it's such a great score that it needs to be put out even if all that survives are stems. Perhaps a pairing with the LP recording master.

Yavar