Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Victor Young scores for Cecil B. DeMille films.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 pm
Posts: 329
Since Intrada tackled Miklos Rozsa's score for Paramount's Film Noirs and War Films, I thought I'd suggest the film scores of Victor Young for Cecil B. DeMille's movies.

Reap The Wild Wind (1942)
North West Mounted Police (1940)
Samson and Delilah (1949)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Victor Young scores for Cecil B. DeMille films.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:30 pm
Posts: 242
Since Kritzerland doesn't seem to be interested in releasing anymore Victor Young scores, I sure hope Intrada will come to the rescue. There are plenty of Victor Young titles in the Paramount vault waiting to be rescued.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Victor Young scores for Cecil B. DeMille films.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 134
MONTE JACOBSON wrote:
Since Kritzerland doesn't seem to be interested in releasing anymore Victor Young scores, I sure hope Intrada will come to the rescue. There are plenty of Victor Young titles in the Paramount vault waiting to be rescued.




I agree Monte. I hope Doug and Roger will consider:

Victor Young at Paramount

Max Steiner at Warner Bros. THE HANGING TREE etc.

THE FURIES by Franz Waxman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Victor Young scores for Cecil B. DeMille films.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 pm
Posts: 1
PFK wrote:
[

Victor Young at Paramount

Max Steiner at Warner Bros. THE HANGING TREE etc.



Victor Young (Cecil B. DeMille) and Max Steiner (Warner Bros) interest me very much! :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Victor Young scores for Cecil B. DeMille films.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:29 pm
Posts: 510
Location: Dublin, Ireland
musicfanatic wrote:
Since Intrada tackled Miklos Rozsa's score for Paramount's Film Noirs and War Films, I thought I'd suggest the film scores of Victor Young for Cecil B. DeMille's movies.

Reap The Wild Wind (1942)
North West Mounted Police (1940)
Samson and Delilah (1949)


I would absolutely love to have these on CD especially North West Mounted Police, an old favourite since I saw it as a youngster. Samson and Delilah has a wonderful score too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Victor Young scores for Cecil B. DeMille films.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:01 pm
Posts: 134
niall wrote:
musicfanatic wrote:
Since Intrada tackled Miklos Rozsa's score for Paramount's Film Noirs and War Films, I thought I'd suggest the film scores of Victor Young for Cecil B. DeMille's movies.

Reap The Wild Wind (1942)
North West Mounted Police (1940)
Samson and Delilah (1949)


I would absolutely love to have these on CD especially North West Mounted Police, an old favourite since I saw it as a youngster. Samson and Delilah has a wonderful score too.




Same here Niall. All 3 scores would be an instant-buy for me! :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group