[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - WE NEED SOME WESTERNS FROM INTRADA

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WE NEED SOME WESTERNS FROM INTRADA
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:48 pm 

Seeing Intrada putting the spotlight on past western score releases on their main page reminds me that we have not seen a western score release from Intrada since March,2015. I think we are overdue for something special from this genre.
Here's a few ideas: ROOSTER COGBURN

THE HANGING TREE

SHENANDOAH

CHISUM

THE TRAIN ROBBERS

ULZANA'S RAID

THE FURIES

EL DORADO

TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA

CENTENNIAL

THE RARE BREED

WHITE FEATHER

THE LAST SUNSET

HONDO

NEVADA SMITH

VERA CRUZ

FIVE CARD STUD

Post subject: Re: WE NEED SOME WESTERNS FROM INTRADA
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:48 am 

Especially "Rooster Cogburn"! :)

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:03 am 

Winners all Monte. I think Doug has said in the past that the Intrada westerns sold very well.

If I could pick 5:

THE HANGING TREE

HONDO

VERA CRUZ

THE FURIES

CHISUM

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:45 am 

Can we add to the list?

Hot Lead and Cold Feet

The Apple Dumpling Gang

Old Yeller

Davy Crockett

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:52 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 3:04 pm 

THE RARE BREED Hell yeah !

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 5:08 pm 

I'd buy all of those mentioned and I'd add:

Costa/Rough Night in Jericho
Duning/3:10 to Yuma
Duning/The Big Valley
Duning/Cowboy
Duning/Two Rode Together
Fielding/Junior Bonner
Green/Alvarez Kelly
Grusin/Shootout
Jones/ Mackenas Gold
Raksin/Jubal
Raksin/Will Penny
Skinner/The Appaloosa aka Southwest to Sonora
Steiner/Springfield Rifle
Steiner/Rocky Mountain
Steiner/A Distant Trumpet
Steiner/Bandido
Tiomkin/Night Passage
Various/Gunsmoke (TV)
Various/Rawhide (TV)
Various/The Big Valley (TV)
Waxman/Red Mountain
Young/Northwest Mounted Police
Young/Drumbeat

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:31 pm 

Love a lot of the recommendations so far, particularly Raksin's Will Penny, Newman's Nevada Smith, and Williams's The Rare Breed.

Let me add these:

John Williams: The Plainsman (surprised it didn't get mentioned with The Rare Breed)

Billy Goldenberg: Red Sky at Morning (I know Doug is a fan of this one)

Alfred Newman: Firecreek (his penultimate score, and the last he completed without any help)

Jeff Alexander: Support Your Local Sheriff (just a lot of inventive fun; recently released as a Twilight Time isolated track but it'd be nice to get a CD release, perhaps paired with some other suitable Jeff Alexander score rather than the score to Support Your Local Gunfighter, which I'm not wild about)

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:33 pm 

Oh, and if we can include expansions, I really hope Intrada puts out complete versions of these two superb and long out of print releases of theirs: Craig Safan's Son of the Morning Star and Peter Bernstein's Rough Riders (I know it's not technically a western but it definitely sounds like one).

Yavar

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:07 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:04 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:14 am 

[quote="Yavar Moradi"]Love a lot of the recommendations so far, particularly Raksin's Will Penny, Newman's Nevada Smith, and Williams's The Rare Breed.

Let me add these:

John Williams: The Plainsman (surprised it didn't get mentioned with The Rare Breed)

Billy Goldenberg: Red Sky at Morning (I know Doug is a fan of this one)

Yavar[/quote]

Red Sky at Morning wasn't a Western, was it? Mind you, I've never seen the film; don't think it's EVER been shown on UK TV. But I agree it would be great to have the music on CD! I remember the album, I think it was the first time I'd ever seen a photograph of Billy Goldenberg... :?: