Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: John Barry TV work
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:22 pm 

A collection of John Barry's TV work would be incredible. YOUNG JOE, THE FORGOTTEN KENNEDY, THE GLASS MENAGERIE, LOVE AMONG THE RUINS, and on and on and on...

Post subject: Re: John Barry TV work
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:17 am 

A lot of Barry's fine material for TV productions lies dormant; there's also THE GATHERING, SVENGALI, and THE WAR BETWEEN THE TATES. And I already have suggested in this forum my own, heartbreaking favorites among his small-screen scores -- LOVE AMONG THE RUINS and the two ELEANOR AND FRANKLIN films (which came from the same company and probably would fit together on a single CD). But John Barry remains so popular that if none of his television scores has seen release by now, I no longer expect they ever will. Whether it's issues with licensing or elements (either their condition or availability), if these ever were to emerge I would be as surprised as I'd be delighted.

But an album of newly-recorded suites and themes from those TV scores? That's a nice idea, and I'm glad you put it out there -- perhaps to inspire some label to act on it next year!