[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - JUNIOR BONNER Jerry Fielding

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JUNIOR BONNER Jerry Fielding
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:33 am 

I know, I know this has been wished for by many over the years, but isn't it about time?

Post subject: Re: JUNIOR BONNER Jerry Fielding
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:48 pm 
The last we heard from Roger on this was that the BYU transfer rates were made too high for a short mono recording that relatively few people would buy these days. There was a time not long ago when this soundtrack would probably have sold well enough, a time when there were apparently other significant production hurdles for this particular title, but that was before everything more enticing to the general score buyer was being made available.

Perhaps some day in the distant future...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm 

The recording is not that short! The score has tons of source music arranged and recorded by Fielding, and he was a master in arranging.There are all the pieces listed in the BYU catalogue, so it seems everything survives. This could be a beautiful album for a great Fielding/Peckinpah movie! :)

Fielding/Peckinpah must be a good sell!?

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:34 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:32 am 

T.Newman,

What would those releases be?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:11 pm 

Another question is: what will happen with the Junior Bonner tapes at BYU? Will they finally deteriorate and become unplayable!??

The Outfit (Fielding)

Junior Bonner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:14 pm 

Coincidentally I visited the Prescott Rodeo where Junior Bonner was filmed just yesterday. No music by Fielding was heard there but tons of Bernstein's Magnificent Seven. :wink:

The Outfit (Fielding)

Junior Bonner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:50 am 

Junior Bonner(1972) would be an instant purchase for me. I'm still hoping that Intrada (or another label perhaps?) might eventually release it? How I wish there were more potential buyers for this unreleassed gem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:44 am 

I'd buy it!

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:42 am 

I love all that C&W background source music in Junior Bonner, suited the film so well. Dang, what a shame we can't have it on CD...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:42 pm 

The Outfit (Fielding)

Junior Bonner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:02 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:58 am 

I heard the US DVD replaced the original title song. I cannot comment on that because I only know the european release which has the correct song, "Arizona Morning", beautifully arranged by Fielding with his wonderful trademark string writing, starting around 1:14 in the youtube clip and continuing into underscore:

The Outfit (Fielding)

Junior Bonner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:17 am 

Yes, chriss -- JUNIOR BONNER has been released on DVD in the USA by two different homevideo labels, and both editions a have replacement song. The superior "Arizona Morning" has been available in the States only to the few who obtained the letterboxed Japanese-import laser disc, or who collect either 16mm or 35mm prints.

But until I viewed that YouTube clip, I never knew firsthand how the panning/scanning reduces Peckinpah's excellent title sequence to hash!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:05 am 

I remember reading that Junior Bonner was planned at one point about five years ago but was canceled. Has there been any news on it being rescheduled? It's at the top of my wish list.