[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Marked For Death-James Newton Howard

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Marked For Death-James Newton Howard
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm 

As big as James Newton Howard is these days, I'm surprised his score for the Steven Segal action film "Marked For Death" hasn't been released. An album containing only a cue or two of the score was released with a lot of other source songs from the movie. But Howard's score is no where to be found.

This should be remedied and made available.

Post subject: Re: Marked For Death-James Newton Howard
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:28 pm 

I agree. The soft theme as Hatcher arrives in his bedroom in wonderful.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:25 pm 

Yeah, that and the music played with the mob bosses arrive to make a deal with screw face. I also love the music played where Segal and his pals prepare their weapons. Great stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 am 

Unfortunately Mr. Seagal himself was unhappy with the choice of score composer to Marked For Death. At least that what I think he says on the interview featured on the Steven Seagal - David Michael Frank CD. So maybe that`s why there is only one score cue on the official soundtrack. But yeah I agree that JNH`s score should be released. This and JNH`s Falling Down is those two scores I am most wanting of this great composer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 am 

Post subject: Re: Marked For Death - James Newton Howard
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:48 am 

Come on now, this is SERIOUSLY overdue.

This is a movie and score that is PERFECT for the Intrada treatment. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:31 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 pm 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:11 pm 

I don't know if this is relevant but I remember hearing an interview with Howard years back where he said that he found working with Segal to be a bit of an horrific experience!! perhaps as with a lot of these unreleased scores there are various copyright and territorial disputes?

Shame as I must admit Howard's output from Fugitive up until just before he started working on the Batman movies was top class and it would be great to hear Marked for Death in it's entirety. I loved Howard in his early days all that Jerry Goldsmith love he put into his scores... Fantastic!!

Anyway I vote for the Juror as well as Falling Down, Flatliners and a complete Outbreak!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:20 pm 

I hear Segal is a jerk anyway. James Newton Howard is way to good for him. I hope that doesn't keep the score from Marked For Death from being released.

I'd also like the ones Scorevoice01 mentioned, they'd be excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:58 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:06 pm 

Nice to see this underrated score getting some attention and love here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:01 am 

It deserves some attention. Let us hope that in the near future it'll get some more attention and love with a CD release.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:37 pm 

And so... eight years have passed since the discussion of this score.
Any news why this hasn't been released yet?

Marmaids (Jack Nitzsche)
The Crossing Guard (Jack Nitzsche)
True Believer (Brad Fiedel)
Cocktail (J. Peter Robinson)
Blind Fury (J. Peter Robinson)