[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - What of Interest is Left at Paramount?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What of Interest is Left at Paramount?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:23 pm 
I gave myself the day off, so I have a little too much time on my hands. :mrgreen:

Paramount has been letting practically everything move from their vaults and onto our shelves. There are now very few highly popular titles left to release from this studio.

What Paramount titles are left on everyone's wish list? Keep in mind that barely any suitable music-only elements from the mid-60s to 1974 exist at the studio level.

My list was hastily made last night so I am no doubt forgetting some things.

The Bad News Bears trilogy
The Godfather trilogy (definitive edition, but there are known crippling rights and maybe elements issues)
April Fool's Day (Varese controlled)
Beverly Hills Cop I & II (known crippling rights issues because of the proposed movie and series)
The Fan (1981) (apparently rights issues at this time)
Major League
Orca (definitive edition that doesn't sound like crap)
Death Wish (definitive edition, but non-album elements might not exist)
WUSA (likely no elements)
Hit! (likely no elements)
The President's Analyst (likely no elements)
The Brotherhood (likely no elements)
Top Gun (crippling rights issues)
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Talent for the Game
Nevada Smith (likely no studio elements, but the album would be good)
The Slender Thread (likely no studio elements, but the album would be good)
Barefoot in the Park (likely no studio elements, but the album would be good)
No Way to Treat a Lady (likely no studio elements, but the album would be good)
This Property is Condemned (likely no studio elements, but the album would be good)
Becket (likely no studio elements, but the album would be good)

Post subject: Re: What of Interest is Left at Paramount?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:54 pm 

I know I've mentioned it before but Those Daring Young Men In Their Jaunty Jalopies a.k.a. Monte Carlo or Bust deserves a release. If only the soundtrack album is available, I would still welcome it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:38 pm 

Yeah, Paramount sure went from 0 to 100 in no time! Hard to believe that first announcement (LLL's Airplane!) was four and a half years ago. I'm thankful for everything that's come since. :)

You covered a lot of the major titles.

My hastily-made list:

-Coming to America
-Mission: Impossible (complete w/ Silvestri's rejected score)
-Top Secret! (remastered/expanded.... this is controlled by Varese)
-Titanic (last I heard, Sony wasn't interested in licensing this one out)
-The Patsy (and any other Jerry Lewis scores)
-The Ghost and the Darkness (complete... I believe this is on Intrada's radar)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:05 am 

If recording elements are available some great stuff is left at Paramount Television!

Mission: Impossible (Schifrin, Fielding, Ellis, Markowitz, ...)
Mannix (Schifrin and Fielding at their best! Also: Rosenthal, Duning, Markowitz, Fried, ...)
Petrocelli (many delightful Schifrin scores)
Serpico (funky Bernstein)
Longstreet (Oliver Nelson)

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:02 pm 

Off the top of my head:

THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU by Ron Grainer

WHERE'S JACK? by Elmer Bernstein (even if it's only the same program as the LP)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:23 pm 

I think this is a Paramount film:
How about The Ghost And The Darkness - Jerry Goldsmith?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:28 pm 
Yes, The Ghost and the Darkness is a Paramount film. My armchair assumption is that an expansion is taking a while because the album rights necessitate Disney's cooperation as well. It will surely be worth it when Intrada works it all out.

I agree that Monte Carlo or Bust is a must, and that just the album would be great if there is nothing else.

There is indeed an abundance of great Paramount television scores, with Mannix and Mission: Impossible being the highlights. I do not expect any of it to be newly released, but it is primo Silver Age music nonetheless.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:04 pm 

Will Penny complete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:20 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:02 pm 

Now that we are getting Maurice Jarre's MANDINGO and PLAZA SUITE, I wonder if there is anything in the Paramount vault for FIVE CARD STUD ? Because it's from the late 60's,this could be one of those "lost" scores. It has a memorable repetitive theme with a title song sung by Dean Martin, a co-star in the film with Robert Mitchum.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:09 pm 

I'd like to get Ira Newborn and Mark Mothersbaugh's score from Brain Donors. Plenty of great music in there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:32 am 

I missed getting HANNIE CAULDER on CD when it first came out. Now it is selling used at a very high price. I would love Intrada to perhaps issue a more complete CD. Most important of all, I would like to see all scores from the 40's and 50's that can be rescued.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:24 pm 

To be honest, there is one Paramount score by Basil Poledouris that I would like to see released, and that is his score to the 1994 family movie, Lassie. What do you guys, think?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:14 pm 

I'd love a new Hannie Caulder and I'd also love Lassie (or anything by Basil, really).

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:07 pm 
If I had known that the music for Cujo was controlled by Paramount, I would have easily put that on my list. I am very grateful for that one.

I also want to thank Intrada again for Talent for the Game; I must have listened to that about a dozen times already.

The Bad News Bears trilogy has apparently been long in the works by Quartet. Looking forward to that.