[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Corvette Summer - Craig Safan (1978)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corvette Summer - Craig Safan (1978)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:45 am 

Always enjoyed this score.

Particularly the cue for the chase sequence at the end, beginning with the black Trans-Am "villain car" leaving the garage. I'd also be cool to hear the song "When We Get Lovin'" (which is played when they first take the Corvette out) in it's entirety.

Post subject: Re: Corvette Summer - Craig Safan (1978)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:54 pm 
This is one Safan score I was completely unfamiliar with until I just looked it up. I really like what I hear in YouTube clips and wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Last edited by T. Newman Fan on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 am 

I've actually run across a few people over the years who claim it was released on LP at the time but I can find no record of that anywhere. I've also looked for a copy on Ebay for at least the last 5 years and have never seen one match. I strongly suspect it never existed but I'd be very happy to be proven wrong :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:46 am 

Has ther ever been a release of The Legend of Billie Jean soundtrack with the music of Safan?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:45 pm 

Yes! This is one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures and I'd love to have the score on CD!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:08 pm 
I saw that Perseverance Records released three cues from Corvette Summer on a "promo" CD. It would be greatly appreciated if Intrada could see whether the composer has the rest of the score and properly license all of the available music through what I guess would now be Warner Bros.' WaterTower Music.

I should add that the original elements from the studio would of course be preferable, but at least this would be something to fall back on if they are no longer available.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 am 

I believe Craig Safan has said he has all the original tapes and was in the process of transferring them to digital. This was a few years ago now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:12 am 
That makes sense given the obscure Safan scores that have been released in recent years.

Whatever the best available source is, a release of this charming score would be great. I bought the recently released Warner Archive DVD early this year and really enjoyed the film itself for all its whimsy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:38 am 

Tracks from the Perseverance Records "promo" release.

Bike Hiking 2:35
The Stingray 2:04
Death Chase 2:48

Unfortunately, they have nothing else I want/need and I don't think I'm prepared to spend $40 for 7:27 of music. Although I am contemplating it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:06 am 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:01 am 

There was no soundtrack ever released. I contacted one of the producers, Hal Barwood, years ago to ask. He advised one was never released (except for the Dusty Springfield single of Give Me The Night), but to try contacting the composer. I did and got a response from Craig in 2010 advising the masters were in storage and he hoped to get them digitized for a release. But a record co would have to organize the rights etc. I'm not sure of the legalities in doing so, but I assume MGM would have to be involved. I assume he did finally digitize them as those 3 tracks finally appeared on that Promo release. I have been after anything from that score by Craig since 1978, so jumped at the chance to own anything made available. Worth every penny! The transfer is great and it sounds amazing. I actually got kind of emotional hearing them for the first time. I LOVE that soundtrack and movie and hope the full score FINALLY gets a release soon. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:57 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:23 pm