Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scores by Clifton Parker
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:55 am 

I know this is a long shot but I would like to suggest a few scores by the lesser known British composer Clifton Parker. He composed some nice scores for several films yet the only thing that seems available in a compilation CD containing a few of his scores.

Scores by him I'd like to see release (if at all possible):
Blanche Fury
The Blue Lagoon
Sink the Bismarck

It's highly doubtful that anything still exists on these scores but I just thought I'd mention them.

Post subject: Re: Scores by Clifton Parker
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:59 pm 

If the compilation you're referring to is the Chandos one (rerecordings, obviously) then let me just say I highly recommend it! Great lengthy suite from Treasure Island on there. Speaking of which I suspect his scores for Disney have more likelihood of surviving than most of his scores which were for British studios (notoriously bad about keeping music elements). Hopefully Intrada will mine the vaults and give us the original tracks for Treasure Island, Robin Hood, and The Sword and the Rose, for starters....and add on William Alwyn's Swiss Family Robinson while they're at it!

Oh...you might also like to know that FSM reissued the Colpix LP of Parker's exciting score to Damn the Defiant! on CD, paired as a twofer with another Colpix LP.

Yavar

Post subject: Re: Scores by Clifton Parker
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:33 am 

Yeah, THE STORY OF ROBIN HOOD AND HIS MERRIE MEN (1952) and THE SWORD AND THE ROSE (1953) are lovely scores and my two favorites by Parker. Disney issued both films on bare-bones DVD editions, but whether either is too obscure today to sell well enough on CD is a real question. (It might help if both scores could fit on a single disc, as I suspect they could.)

Maybe I wouldn't have a lot of company, but I'd order either like a shot.