[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - ANYTHING COMING FROM THE UNIVERSAL VAULT ?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ANYTHING COMING FROM THE UNIVERSAL VAULT ?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:52 pm 

It's been many months since Intrada has released anything from their Universal connection. Here's a list of scores that I would like to see released, if possible:

TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA

RESURRECTION

CENTENNIAL [ TV SERIES]

ROOSTER COGBURN

SILENT RUNNING

THE RARE BREED

THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS

MILAGRO BEANFIELD WAR

CAPTAIN NEWMAN , M.D.

SEVEN PERCENT SOLUTION

NIGHT PASSAGE

THE GREAT IMPOSTER

SHENANDOAH

FRENZY

THE LAST SUNSET

A LITTLE SEX

FOUR GIRLS IN TOWN

TWILIGHT FOR THE GODS

ALL THAT HEAVEN ALLOWS

I am sure that there are many that I unintentionally omitted. I would love to see some of those listed show up in 2014.

Post subject: Re: ANYTHING COMING FROM THE UNIVERSAL VAULT ?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:08 pm 
Doug did recently say that there are several Universal projects being finished.

Anyway, great list. I will shamelessly add other Universal theatrical film scores that need a release ASAP. Of course, there are many TV movies and series to handle as well, but I've mentioned those ad nauseam. It will be interesting to see how many of our wants get released in the coming years. Huge points will go to Intrada for releasing ultra rare stuff like Skullduggery.

Airport series
That Man Bolt
The Sentinel
Death of a Gunfighter
Skullduggery
Ulzana's Raid
Winning
Tell Them Willie Boy is Here
Two-Minute Warning
Charley Varrick
The Beguiled
Eye of the Cat
Blindfold
Scarface
The Promise

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:19 am 

There are tons of great scores remaining in the Universal catalogue, especially in the TV category. Universal had perhaps the best TV Music department of all time around 1970. But this seems to be more about film scores. I would mention:

http://vimeo.com/57271532

Madigan
Airport series
Two-Minute Warning
Charley Varrick
The Beguiled
The Groundstar Conspiracy (from the 70s cycle of Paranoia scores)
Red Sky at Morning
Silent Running
The Don is Dead
Earthquake
The Eiger Sanction
Jaws II
Two Mules for Sister Sara

also TV movies, most important wish for me would be:
The Questor Tapes

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:58 pm 

My Universal wish list:

JAWS series - complete

PSYCHO II and PSYCHO III

AIRPORT series - complete

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:18 pm 

-Phantasm II
-Child's Play 2
-Curse Of Chucky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 am 

I hope for SCARFACE ...

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:40 pm 

My top grail and favorite Morton Stevens score:

WHEELS (Universal-TV 1978 and Emmy Nominated)

Special mention to Bill Broughton (Bruce's Brother), who helped out Mort on episode four on a few cues with his
own music - anyway, this is the big one for me...:-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:37 pm 

To some good suggestions above I would add Michel Colombier's THE FORBIN PROJECT (aka, COLOSSUS, THE FORBIN PROJECT.)

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:49 pm 

My Own Universal wish list:

DRACULA (please God, let someone find the tapes safely in a wrongly marked box, in terrific condition)

JAWS II (hopefully with the cue where Brody goes out to investigate the floating driftwood in the water). :twisted:

THE CAR

AIRPORT '77

NIGHTMARES

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:35 am 

I'd be happy to hear anything from the Jaws franchise, most notably Jaws 1 and 2 :D

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 am 
So, people got their Psycho II.

I really hope that Intrada at least listened to Charles Bernstein's score for That Man Bolt. It is such a fun, complex and lengthy score. Easily one of the most entertaining to come out of the 70s.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:52 am 

APOLLO 13!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 am 

Ulzana's Raid, Frank DeVol, great western score, but early seventies so probably haven't survived.