[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - A few Disney requests

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A few Disney requests
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:11 pm 

First, let me thank Intrada for all their terrific work at sharing some of film's greatest (and most coveted) soundtracks. You really do a wonderful job on your albums and your hard work is much appreciated by us fans.

While we would all love to have the scores for films like "The Sword and the Stone", "Darby O'Gill and the Little People", "The Parent Trap", "The Love Bug" or [s]Escape to Witch Mountain[/s], I'm under the impression a lot of the releases are based off of what Disney chooses to license to Intrada, and therefore requesting the A-list titles may be futile if Disney decides not to allow their release. With the exciting release of "Paradise" and "Can't Buy Me Love" combo disc, it got me thinking about more feasible requests which I think would have more of a chance at Disney allowing their release with Intrada:

"The Devil and Max Devlin" (including the late Marvin Hamlisch songs by Julie Budd)
"Amy" by Robert F. Brunner
"Tex" by Pino Donaggio
"Trenchcoat" by Charles Fox
"Parent Trap II" by Charles Fox (a nice surprise would be the title song by Hal David sung by Marylin McCoo)
"Love Leads the Way" by Fred Karlin
"My Science Project" by Peter Bernstein
"One Magic Christmas" by Michael Conway Baker
"Off Beat" by James Horner
"Midnight Madness" by the late Julius Wechter (and could even include the rare songs from the film, the alternate recording of the title song with "Makin It" Mr Pepper himself, David Naughton)
"Tough Guys" by James Newton Howard (with rare opening title song)

Some of these would even make superb combo discs (i.e. Love Leads the Way and Parent Trap II, etc).

I also need to make a wish for my penultimate grail which I believe one day should see the light of day...that is the warm, lush and loving score for the little known 1955 live action drama "The Littlest Outlaw" by William Lava. I wish for this the most :)

Last edited by disneyfella on Fri May 06, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A few Disney requests
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:31 am 

In further support of a "Midnight Madness" soundtrack album, consider the front page of today's Wall Street Journal:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... d=ITP_AHED

All of the investment bankers and brokers are playing Great All-Nighters which take thousands of dollars and complex planning...all spawned from this cult Disney film.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm 

Oh man, reading that was a heavenly experience. Midnight Madness is like this fun little personal movie I have all to myself, because nobody else knows about it. I'm pretty sure the only other time I've read anything in detail about the film was when I stumbled upon Roger Ebert's scathing review of it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 pm 

Send up a few more items on the "wish list". :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 am 

Bumping to keep these suggestions mindful :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:02 pm 

Even though I am not familiar with the composer (Cedric Thorpe Davie), after seeing the films I would like to see these two Disney film scores released.

Kidnapped
Rob Roy: The Highland Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm 
I haven't been much in the soundtrack wishing mood as of late, but I do acknowledge that there are a lot of very good Disney scores out there to premiere. It would be nice to get at least one of the remaining Goodwin scores, Return from Witch Mountain (Schifrin) and Freaky Friday (Mandel) some time soon. There are many other 60s/70s titles I would like, but I'll keep it simple.

As for more marketable 80s/90s scores owned by Disney, the following are musts in my mind:

Spy Hard (Conti)
Blood In Blood Out (Conti)
Cool Runnings (Zimmer & Glennie-Smith)
The Preacher's Wife (Zimmer)
The War at Home (Poledouris)
Celtic Pride (Poledouris)
Phenomenon (T. Newman)
Deceived (T. Newman)
Adventures in Babysitting (Kamen)
Stakeout (Rubinstein)
Another Stakeout (Rubinstein)
An Innocent Man (Shore)
Aspen Extreme (Convertino)
Super Mario Bros. (Silvestri)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:43 pm 

Count me in for "Tex", "Trenchcoat" and another title - "Something Wicked This Way Comes" rejected by Georges Delerue.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:10 pm 

here are my suggestions for remastered and expanded soundtracks from disney & touchstone's live action movies, if possible

(Disney)
Tron (Wendy Carlos)
Newsies (Alan Menken)
The Santa Clause (Michael Convertino)
Angels In The Outfield (1994) (Randy Edelman)

(Touchstone)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Alan Silvestri)
Dick Tracy (Danny Elfman)
Father of the Bride (1991) (Alan Silvestri)
Sister Act (Marc Shaiman)
Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit (Miles Goodman)
Father of the Bride 2 (Alan Silvestri)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 pm 

I was trying to update the original list on this post by striking through both "My Science Project" and "Escape To Witch Mountain" as Intrada has released both, but the BBCode won't seem to action. You'll get the idea, though. Looking forward to lots more!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:27 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:52 am 

I hope to see some classic Walt-era soundtracks happen -- especially:

Song Of the South
Saludos Amigos/The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music/Fun and Fancy Free/Melody Time
Ichabod and Mr. Toad
The Sword in the Stone
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
Swiss Family Robinson
The Parent Trap
The Moon-Spinners
Summer Magic
Babes in Toyland
The Love Bug
Pollyanna
In Search of the Castaways
Perri
That Darn Cat!
Third Man on the Mountain
Dr Syn Alias the Scarecrow
Zorro
The Three Lives of Thomasina
Escapade in Florence
Old Yeller
Treasure Island

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:14 pm 

Thought I would bump this post and try to update with what's now available.

So many beautiful scores.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm 

Since it's a New Year, I thought to bump this post in regards to possible Disney titles to pursue :-)

I tried to strike through a couple which Intrada has already released (My Science Project, Escape To Witch Mountain)

Thanks!