[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Baltimore Bullet & Harper - Johnny Mandel

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Baltimore Bullet & Harper - Johnny Mandel
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:42 pm 
While thinking about the prospect of Intrada releases of Mandel's scores for the Disney films Escape to Witch Mountain and Freaky Friday, I thought of two others from him that would make splendid CD albums.

My first suggestion is for a premiere release of The Baltimore Bullet. This score features music in the vein of the beloved 70s Dave Grusin-esque jazz sound for the titles, and a mix of styles in between that includes a lengthy disco-tinged source tune and more serious dramatic scoring towards the end. Films starring James Coburn spawned a seemingly endless slew of great music, and this is no exception.

My next wish is for a complete release of Harper, a Warner Bros. film that thus far only received an LP arrangement. This soundtrack has an infectious 60s big band jazz sound, as well as effective scoring for drama.

Post subject: Re: The Baltimore Bullet & Harper - Johnny Mandel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:35 am 

A big second on that! It's amazing that Harper is still waiting a CD release (both album & original score). And The Baltimore Bullet sounds great, seeing that clip makes me want to see the film again (I haven't seen it for years), another cool performance from the coolest actor who ever lived.