[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Some More Western Scores

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some More Western Scores
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 am 
I know that many are probably tired of all of the western scores being released as of late. Well, I'm not. Below are some lesser known western scores by well known composers that I would like to have released on album. Please feel free to add your own.

Billy Two Hats - John Scott
Death of a Gunfighter - Oliver Nelson
The Master Gunfighter - Lalo Schifrin
Shoot Out - Dave Grusin
Black Noon - George Duning

As for the oft-mentioned popular western scores that I would like most:

MacKenna's Gold - Quincy Jones
Gunfight at the O.K. Corral - Dimitri Tiomkin
Rooster Cogburn - Laurence Rosenthal
Ulzana's Raid - Frank De Vol
Two Mules for Sister Sara - Ennio Morricone
The Outlaw Josey Wales (re-release of rare CD) - Jerry Fielding
The Wild Bunch (re-release of complete film score) - Jerry Fielding

Post subject: Re: Some More Western Scores
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:42 am 

The Wild Bunch (re-release of complete film score) - Jerry Fielding :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:23 am 

After Intrada's splendid recent edition of Cahill I think it is finally time for this, and the composer is one of the label's favorites, too! :D

Rooster Cogburn

and there's still this little Fielding gem to uncover:

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

Last edited by chriss on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:35 am 

TWO MULES and ROOSTER are being released on Blu-ray in the UK on May 6th so I guess US releases are only a matter of time. Maybe the same applies for the soundtracks. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:04 am 
Now that Universal Pictures is licensing out titles at a decent frequency and are seemingly great at keeping original music elements for films, I am especially optimistic with regard to Rooster Cogburn, Death of a Gunfighter, Shoot Out, Ulzana's Raid and Two Mules for Sister Sara.

Except for Two Mules for Sister Sara, I think that Universal owns the music for those titles outright. Even Two Mules for Sister Sara is seemingly quite doable given that Intrada had already done co-licensing between Universal Pictures and UMG on previous releases.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:15 am 

My two personal favourites - Chisum and Rio Bravo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:51 pm 

Elmer Bernstein's "The Sons of Katie Elder" is still missing as well, not counting the Tsunami release, as it is not really legit, and it looks awful. I'd be happy to settle for just the old LP program.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:11 pm 

Well, the final FSM release announced today will satisfy some of us.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:08 pm 

I love western film scores, I would love to see all the scores mentioned released. Some other I would like to see released:

"Two Rode Together" - George Duning
"Geronimo" - Hugo Friedhofer
"Charro" - Hugo Montrenegro
"The Culpepper Cattle Co." - Jerry Goldsmith
"Winchester 73" - Joseph Gershenson
"Flaming Star" - Cyril Mockridge
"Junior Bonner" - Jerry Fielding
"Ride Beyond Vengeance" - Richard Markowitz
"Firecreek" - Alfred Newman
"Cowboy" - George Duning

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:23 am 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:04 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 am 

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:10 am 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:42 am