[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - If Looks Could Kill - David Foster

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If Looks Could Kill - David Foster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:21 pm 

Just a shot in the dark here. I'm a new guy to this forum, and, in fact, this is my very first post, but I've always been a fan of film scores. I figured I'd make my first suggestion David Foster's score for the 1991 William Dear action-comedy If Looks Could Kill.

There was a soundtrack release back when the film first hit theaters, but like so many such releases, it mostly contained just the various songs used in the movie. Not that I'm complaining. I liked almost all the songs used in it, esp. the title song by Glenn (Glen?) Medeiros that plays over the end credits, and The Outfield's "One Hot Country" from the car chase. However, it contained only a very small suite of Foster's score, entitled "Michael Corben's Adventure," as the final track on the disc.

While some might complain it's very low-key and minimalist, I've always liked Mr. Foster's subdued score for the movie. Standouts for me included the music used for the snow battle, the scramble at the French airport, and the fistfight in the gold foundry.

It's a little-known film, and those who do know of its existence tend to not like it very much. But less popular films have had their scores released, so I figured I'd just throw this out there to see what everyone thought. My only other suggestion would be that the cover art not be the poster featuring Richard Grieco on the hood of the Lotus; I've always preferred the more elaborate 'B' poster used for the film's VHS release (and which was censored for some reason; on the "real" poster, Roger Rees is holding a gun to Gabrielle Anwar's head; on the video cover, the gun has been painted out, so Rees is holding... nothing).

Anyhoo... this concludes my first post and my first score suggestion. :)

Post subject: Re: If Looks Could Kill - David Foster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 pm 

Great score by David Foster.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:08 am 

Anything from David Foster would be awesome. He's a fantastic composer and never one of his unreleased scores has fallen under the radar of our beloved film music labels. Too bad !
Not many people would buy such a release, but I certainly would ! ^^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:05 pm 

Never liked that movie, but the music sounded OK...wasn´t it Foster who made Secret of my Success??

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:37 pm 

Nice to see that I'm not the only one who'd want this. Also, thanks for welcoming me. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am 

Wow, that looks awesome! I'd mistake it for official album artwork!

Also, dunno if you guys do this sort of thing, but here's my idea of a hypothetical tracklist w/ titles and such, based on the individual bits of score I remember:

1. Pomp and Circumstance (Main Titles)
2. The Chateau / Snow Battle
3. Kelly's Phone Call
4. Ilsa Cleans Up
6. Boarding the Plane
7. Poisoned Drink
8. Kidnapped / Kill Him!
9. Zigesfeld Hitchhikes / Tire Change / New Driver
10. Gold Room / Krupp
11. The Baccarat Game / Hands Up!
14. On the Boat / Ilsa's Jealousy
15. On the Phone / Areola Canasta
15. The Scorpion / Areola Explodes / Hotel Chaos
16. "Removing" Kelly
18. Mariska
19. Infiltrating the Chateau / Caught!
20. Caged / Sorrow / Almost Kissing
21. Dinner
22. The Guard Steps Out
23. Air Vent Escape / Shootout / The Fistfight
24. Crashing the Party / The Escape
25. The Helicopter / Down the Wall / Learn a Little French
26. If Looks Could Kill (No Turnin' Back) / End Credits

Last edited by Kooshmeister on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 am 

I'd like one of those cars for slower-moving old people who drive ten miles or more under the speed limit, in the left lane, often pressing their brakes like they're going out of style.

And if it fires from behind, them a surprise bonus for the tailgaters.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:42 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:27 am 

Mariska: - Who's Areola?

Michael Corben: - The woman who exploded in my hotel room. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:00 am 

I would probably blind buy this one. David Foster may be a great artist producer, as he's been very successful with many of the greats. However, his SECRET OF MY SUCCESS has really grabbed my attention to seek out other scores of his. Although I would prefer a release of SOMS, any release by him would be appreciated. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 pm 

It also occurs to me Intrada could do one of the "flipper covers," with the alternate cover featuring the film's UK title Teen Agent.