Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two (II) Times The Terror - Psycho II and Amityville II
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 pm 

There are already threads for these two, but wanted to start a new one to rekindle interest. There NEEDS to be an expanded release of both Psycho II (Jerry Goldsmith) and Amityville II: The Possession (Lalo Schifrin)!

Psycho II hasn't seen the light of a release in a long time, and that one was very short and is in VERY short supply. This is one of Goldsmith's finest scores and deserves an expanded release, and would probably sell out almost immediately.'

While there is some debate about the quality of the movie, Lalo Schifron's score to Amityville II is one of the most incredible and terrifying scores ever composed. AND, unlike Psycho II or many other scores begging for an expanded re-release, this one has NEVER been released, PERIOD, making it all the more overdue for an expanded release.

Post subject: Re: Two (II) Times The Terror - Psycho II and Amityville II
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 pm 

I have been part of the previous threads in one way or another. A friend of mine, better known as Allardyce (moderator of the FSM board)... is a HUGE fan of Psycho II. Well, so am I.

Jerry Goldsmith turned in a completely briliant score to the belated sequel to Psycho. Yes, the violence in the film was escalated. But, this was a terrific sequel directed by the late Richard Franklin. And, Anthony Perkins turned in a wonderful performance. Jerry Goldsmith turned in a simplistic, beautiful score. The innocence of Norman's theme is quite touching. As the film moves along, the twists and turns begin due to the treacherous acts of Vera Miles and Meg Tilly. The score starts to unravel along with Norman's sanity. One of the finest Jerry Goldsmith scores of the 80's.

For Lalo Schifrin, he was nominated for his trend-setting score to The Amityville Horror. A couple years later, a sort of prequel was produced. The results were panned by the critics (big surprise) and so-so with audiences. However, I think the Amityville II: The Possession is a much better film on many levels. One of the key factors in it's success... Lalo Schifrin's score. More complex. More epic in it's scope. Though the central theme is there, it was given a face lift. More lyrical.

Yes... Psycho II needs a re-release/expansion.

Amityville II: The Possession needs a release.

Post subject: Re: Two (II) Times The Terror - Psycho II and Amityville II
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 pm 

the music ,when Norman goes home ,to his house,is so beautifull
i am not begging,but i just love this score from begin to end.