[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Secret of NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Secret of NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:49 pm 

I don't know if any of the original albums are still in print or not, but if not, then now is the perfect time for the complete score to be released. I mean, this is one of the maestro's best scores ever! This was a childhood favorite of mine, and countless others' as well. I have the TER label release, but unfortunately one of the tracks is messed up because of damage to the disk (high heat melted the red line along the outside of the disk, making it skip on one track). So, if anyone out there wishes for Secret of NIMH to receive the complete treatment, then please say so.

Post subject: Re: The Secret of NIMH - Jerry Goldsmith
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:43 am 
I suspect this to be another title that Varese has continuing rights to. The fact that they are currently selling their more recent album configuration on iTunes is a tip-off to that.

In case there is any confusion, TER distributed some Varese releases in the UK, including a number of titles that Varese is definitely known to have perpetuity rights to.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 pm 

This is a score that could definitely use the "Deluxe" treatment from Varese Sarabande if Intrada can't get the rights to it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:18 pm 

This is definitely a nostalgic, childhood favorite of mine. Count me in!! I bought the Varese release for about $33 from a seller on eBay a few years ago. Although I'm content to have the music, a complete release would be great. Intrada, please? Or is this another Varese in perpetuity title?

The two vocal versions of "Flying Dreams" would be great additions, but I understand if Intrada would find it troubling to pursue that. Either way, I would be happy. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 pm 

Also Agreed!
the last cd release was loooooooong ago

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 am 

I have watched the movie again recently, but I'm not sure it can get more complete. I haven't heard cues not on the CD...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 am 

that may be true but I"m sure it would be possible to create a better album anyway
the cd I have was released when cd's were still a fairly new thing...lol
Im sure we could get better sound quality

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:57 am 

My Varèse CD was released in 1994 and the sound seems okay to me (at least for a 1982 score).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:27 pm 

the cd is a wonderfull music adventure but i miss that heroic theme in the middle,so count me in for a complete score release.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm 

What do you mean by "that heroic theme in the middle" ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 am 

that heroic theme,also heared in the main title,is later a short stand alone track.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:38 pm 

Ok, this is the little fanfare heard as the movie's title appears on the screen. Do you remember when does it show up later ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:08 am 

i remember when the mouse is first helped from a rat,who is the good guy,in a passage.
but i saw the movie years ago,so i don,t remember it exactly.the music however i remember and it,s not on the cd.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:56 pm 

TER (That's Entertainment Records) re-released the score in 2008, which is still available at Amazon UK for a normal price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Secret-Nimh ... 863&sr=8-1