Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "LIONHEART" by Jerry Goldsmith
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:54 am 

It is possible to release great "Lionheart" composed by Jerry Goldsmith?

This score is out of print. Previous release don't have complete score.

Varese release two Cd's and they have sometimes the same tracks... But never complete... And never good.

It is chance to release this great score again with film chronology, complete and remastered to the best sound ?

This is one of the best Jerry score....

(sorry for my not-good english)

Best, MichaƂ

Post subject: Re: "LIONHEART" by Jerry Goldsmith
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:00 am 
Isn't this in Varese's territory? They are selling the two volumes on iTunes, which is usually a sign that they will remain in control of a score's rights.

Good luck on getting them to do a complete and chronological release of it, if it in fact is not already complete. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:59 am 

Although I haven't listened to the LIONHEART discs in a long time, I don't remember any duplication between them -- except using part of the end title to bring disc 1 to a satisfying close. It's been even longer since I have watched the film on laser disc (which I only bought for score reference; the music is great, while sadly the movie is not).

The Varese CD released as "the complete score" is definitely not complete; but I think the earlier, separate albums LIONHEART and LIONHEART Volume 2 do represent the entire score.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:00 pm 
I was fairly sure that the two volumes already offered a complete presentation. However, I'm never absolutely certain since I never stress over every last note.

Since the two volumes are out-of-print, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to bring the score back to CD in chronological order and with a little more low frequency energy via re-mastered audio. If the license was for the taking, I'm sure Intrada or La-La Land would have already done it.