[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - SCARFACE 1983 UNIVERSAL GIORGIO MORODER

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SCARFACE 1983 UNIVERSAL GIORGIO MORODER
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:47 pm 

I read a very good coment on the FSM FORUM:

Posted: May 19, 2012 - 9:07 PM
By: Dan J. Schulte (Member)

Moroder's Scarface, on the other hand, is a producer's dream being ignored for reasons I'd LOVE to know because it's money just waiting to be made. SCARFACE would warrant a 10000 pressing, considering the demographic that has made the film so iconic is quite vast....far more vast than the Star Trek Goldsmith community. Of course you'd have to go outside the film score community to promote it.

I don't know. What do you guys think? Music-wise...does Scarface have a larger fan base than Star Trek the Motion Picture? Let YouTube give us a hint:

Star Trek main theme.

by iangis0303 | 4 years ago | 288,411 views

Tony's Theme (Scarface) - Giorgio Moroder

by Par1drimes | 4 years ago | 1,106,010 views

My math says Scarface would make more money than STTMP. It sure would be a lot less expensive to produce too. maybe they DO hate synth scores....and profit as well.

I completely agree with this coment...
I think INTRADA could make BIG MONEY by releasing SCARFACE
I don't understand why it hasn't be done yet...

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

Post subject: Re: SCARFACE 1983 UNIVERSAL GIORGIO MORODER
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:09 pm 
There could be a number of reasons as to why we haven't seen the complete original score released. For all we know there could be a huge amount of licensing issues involved, like what has been said about Faltermeyer's scores.

Then there is the contention of having to compete with the songs and score already released on a widely available album. Granted, the most recent release contains blatant remixes as per typical Moroder fashion.

I do think a complete score release of Scarface would sell fairly well, relatively speaking for a specialty label like Intrada.

Also, I wouldn't presume that Intrada "hates" synth scores. Rocky IV and Manhunter are MAF titles, after all. They certainly don't hate profit; if they do then there is something seriously wrong with them as business owners.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:34 am 

I would love to see this score made also. Its been one of my favourites since vi saw the film. With the film being nearly 3 hours it would make a pretty reasonable length cd.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:06 pm 

I’m ready to pick up a COMPLETE SCARFACE as soon as it is released!:-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:46 pm 

I'm also ready to pick it up if it ever gets made, the score plays a big part in the sucess of this movie :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:11 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:08 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:31 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:47 pm 

Ooooh, how am I waiting for the release of this score! I know it will be released soon! These expectations are both pleasant and exciting! Many fans of this score have been waiting for more than 35 (!) years.

Marmaids (Jack Nitzsche)
The Crossing Guard (Jack Nitzsche)
True Believer (Brad Fiedel)
Cocktail (J. Peter Robinson)
Blind Fury (J. Peter Robinson)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:28 am 

Although this release (a dream for many) did not come from Intrada, it's great to finally see it! https://www.facebook.com/lalalandrecords
La La Land today announced a 2CD edition on its Facebook page. The release date is June 14 this year.

Hooray!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: 8)

Marmaids (Jack Nitzsche)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:30 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:06 pm 

Marmaids (Jack Nitzsche)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 pm 

From FSM thread by user "The Mutant"

From their newsletter:

“La-La Land Records and Universal Pictures proudly present the fifteenth title within the acclaimed Universal Pictures Film Music Classics Collection – SCARFACE: EXPANDED MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK, music by Academy Award-Winning composer Giorgio Moroder (MIDNIGHT EXPRESS, AMERICAN GIGOLO, CAT PEOPLE, FLASHDANCE). This limited edition 2-CD set marks the world premiere official release of Moroder’s original film score to 1983’s landmark big-screen gangster drama, SCARFACE starring Al Pacino, Michelle Pfeiffer and Robert Loggia, and directed by Brian De Palma.

When legendary director Brian De Palma needed the perfect musicscape for his game-changing gangster opus, he called upon renowned composer and electronic and pop music pioneer Giorgio Moroder to deliver – and did Moroder ever deliver… with an absolutely iconic synth film score and a treasure trove of infectious accompanying pop/rock/dance songs.

Produced by Neil S. Bulk and Dan Goldwasser, and mastered in high-resolution by Chris Malone, this expanded re-issue of the SCARFACE soundtrack unleashes Moroder’s classic film score on Disc One, while Disc Two features the original mix of the 1983 Soundtrack Album, showcasing the film’s songs by Deborah Harry, Elizabeth Daily, Paul Engemann, Amy Holland and more, as well as Bonus Tracks that include source music, the extended versions of “Rush, Rush” and “Scarface (Push It To The Limit),” and the song “Success.”

Limited to 5000 units, this special edition features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by writer Tim Greiving and sharp art direction by Dan Goldwasser. Finally… the world – and the music of SCARFACE – is yours!!!

Additionally, a Digital Download version of SCARFACE is forthcoming from Back Lot Music on 9/9/22”

TRACK LISTING:

DISC 1 (77:30)
SCORE PRESENTATION
1. Main Title – Scarface 3:42
2. Rebenga 2:10
3. Chainsaw / Tony Rescued 3:54
4. I Got The Yeyo 0:45
5. Elvira 4:01
6. Night Drive 0:30
7. Gina 2:55
8. She’s Not For You 2:09
9. Bolivia 1:09
10. Sosa / Talk To Frank 2:33
11. Omar Out / Don’t Fuck Me 1:07
12. Proposal 2:45
13. Tony Spots Gina / Tony Slaps Gina / Tony Guilty / Shooters 2:48
14. What About You? / Open Fire / Tony Escapes 2:48
15. Just Paranoid 4:44
16. Lopez Begs 1:35
17. Bye Bernstein 1:56
18. The World Is Yours 2:06
19. Plant The Plastic 1:30
20. The Chase 4:05
21. 409 Citrus Drive 4:52
22. Paranoid Tony / Gina’s Grief 2:30
23. Back To The House 1:47
24. Tony’s Grief / Attack Begins / Crazy Gina / Attack Continues 4:09
25. Gina Dead / Chi-Chi Wasted 1:15
26. Finale (From The Motion Picture “Scarface”) 3:28
27. End Title – Scarface 6:36
28. Trailer Music (Unused) 3:01

DISC 2 (79:00)
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM 35:19
1. Scarface (Push It To The Limit) 2:58 Performed by Paul Engemann
2. Rush, Rush (Album Version) 3:38 Performed by Deborah Harry
3. Turn Out The Light 3:31 Performed by Amy Holland
4. Vamos A Bailar 3:43 Performed by Maria Conchita
5. Tony’s Theme 3:10 Performed by Giorgio Moroder
6. She’s On Fire 3:44 Performed by Amy Holland
7. Shake It Up 3:45 Performed by Elizabeth Daily
8. Dance Dance Dance 2:34 Performed by Beth Andersen
9. I’m Hot Tonight 3:13 Performed by Elizabeth Daily
10. Gina And Elvira’s Theme 5:01 Performed by Giorgio Moroder

ADDITIONAL MUSIC (43:41)
11. Scarface (Push It To The Limit) (Extended Version) 5:12 Performed by Paul Engemann
12. Rush, Rush 4:48 Performed by Deborah Harry
13. Right Combination 3:42 Performed by Beth Andersen
14. Car Getaway Source 1:09
15. Cuban I 2:28
16. Cuban II 3:23
17. Cuban III 2:27
18. Muzak I 4:45
19. Muzak II 3:18
20. Muzak III 3:03
21. Disco I 3:04
22. Disco II 1:58
23. Success 4:00 Performed by Joe Esposito
TOTAL ALBUM TIME 2:36:30

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:47 am 

That's the right stuff. What seems to be the complete score, no remix bullshit, and they even threw the song "Success" in there.