[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Grizzly (1976) & The Supernaturals (1986) - Robert O Ragland

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grizzly (1976) & The Supernaturals (1986) - Robert O Ragland
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:11 pm 
It took me a little while to find out that Robert O. Ragland had passed away. I've been listening to Intrada's reissue of the Varese LP for 10 to Midnight. It is one of the better films that Mr. Ragland composed music for. But, there are some lesser known scores of his that deserve attention.

Ragland's score for the 1976 horror/thriller film Grizzly is both beautiful and enthralling. Released on LP, this is a prime candidate for CD treatment.

The 1986 schlock film The Supernaturals provided Ragland the unique opportunity to write a score that partially stuck to both military and horror conventions in film scoring. The film is awful, but the score is quite good, and as far as I know, never released on any format.

Grizzly sample:

The Supernaturals:

Post subject: Re: Grizzly (1976) & The Supernaturals (1986) - Robert O Rag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:01 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:07 am 

These two are very good titles... I would add one more... a more complete version of Messenger of Death. Marvelous orchestral and choral score.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:18 am 

"And if anyone releases it on CD, they've got to use the poster art which rocked."

The international art is pretty cool too ...

Last edited by bj on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 am 
I suspect that The Supernaturals would get a lot of support if it were released and brought to more people's attention. As I alluded to earlier, the score's military and horror pastiche is really pleasant to listen to and as a whole provides something quite different.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:10 am 
For those interested, the nice song used during the end credits of The Supernaturals is called "Live Again." The music for the song was written by Ragland and the vocals are performed by Sunny Wilkinson.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 am 

include Maurice Gibb's rejected score to "The Supernaturals"[/b], too. Would make an interesting comparrison between approaches.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 am 

I'll buy a potential copy... :D

Both Grizzly and The Supernaturals.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 am 

I think it's really strange that a score like Grizzly has never been on CD.

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:38 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:28 am 

I own the two different LP releases of Grizzly. You need both to have all the music available. A CD of the score should present the music complete and chronological.

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:17 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination