[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - RoboCop 2 & 3

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RoboCop 2 & 3
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm 

Since you guys gave us the complete score to RoboCop, I've been wondering if you'd be able to do the same for its two counterparts.

I know that RoboCop 2 is a love it or hate it kind of score, but I enjoy everything except the end credits piece. I'd love to have the opening logo music and MagnaVolt commercial music. There was some interesting stuff for RoboCain left out as well (his mission in the warehouse and his complete battle music with Robo at the end). I'd really like this one to become a reality

And while no one in their right mind would ever defend RoboCop 3 as a film, its score is fantastic. I wonder what film Basil was watching... But in all seriousness, the existing release is only 28 minutes. 28 minutes!!! The music for ED-209 at the beginning is great. I love the music for (shudder) Robo's flight at the end. There's a lot of great music missing. Let's do this!

Please?

Post subject: Re: RoboCop 2 & 3
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:41 pm 

Sorry, Varese titles, they hold the rights in perpetuity, so it would have to be on them to issue.....

I agree FWIW, would buy both in a heartbeat.

Robo 3 has a great 8min(?) end title suite, and some fantastic percussion heavy
chases missing.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm 
Sign me up for an expanded RoboCop 3. I agree about the end title music; it is an amazing listen.

Given that it's Varese's territory, I expect to never see this score properly expanded. I am good at looking like a jackass, so this will probably be part of Varese's upcoming batch.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:00 pm 

I Love my Robocop 3 score 53 tracks. one of the few gems I was lucky to find.

Movie Terrible, Score Terrific.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:38 pm 

Crapdoodles. I was hoping that they didn't own them in perpetuity, much like the original score. No me gusta.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:20 pm 

If possible, if the vocals were done seperately and lay over, could we get the pieces sans the "RoooboooCop!" chants?

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:46 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:08 pm 

Regardless of the "hate" of Leonard Rosenman's score... I have always really enjoyed the score. An expansion of it would be very welcomed and purchased. Basil Poledouris' return to the ROBOCOP universe was fantastic. A lively score that also is in much need of a revisit and expansion.

Needless to say... sign me up...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:09 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:53 am 

count me in for Robocop II Leonard Rosenman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 am 

MV said Varese kept the rights in perpetuity to most scores from 1990 onward.

"Robocop 2" was 1990 -- maybe they didn't keep that one.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:48 am 
According to the thread at FSM linked below, both RoboCop 2 and 3 are confirmed (by Roger himself, as well as MV in that thread) to be in Varese's control.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 am 

Hell yeah, this would be cool from varèse to make a Deluxe edition of Robocop 3 ! I can't get enough of that gorgeous "resistance theme"...
But this seems very unlikely, according to Varèse current policy for reissues from their catalogue...

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:42 am 

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:06 am 

If Robocop 3 comes out it should be the 53 track promotional score. That's the version I own not the 8 track version.