Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fletch (1985)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:20 am 

This score had a vinyl LP out many years ago, and perhaps a bootleg CD containing 80s pop songs along with the "Fletch Theme" that Faltermeyer composed. Was there ever an official release of this?

Post subject: Re: Fletch (1985)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:34 am 
I believe there is one official UK CD release by MCA that includes all of the songs and a few Faltermeyer score cues. I almost bought it from the Amazon Marketplace for about $50, but I have enough trouble just keeping up with Intrada and LLL's releases.

I remember MV from LLL saying on the FSM forum that of all the Faltermeyer scores, Fletch is most likely to get released next as it apparently has the least licensing troubles attached to it.

Licensing costs considered, I would be happy with just the complete score and the "Bit by Bit" theme song.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 am 

I'd be happy with all of HF's stuff. I have no idea why everything of his just sits out there. Tango & Cash was put out back in '06, but why only that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:28 am 
I don't know, but I do know that I desperately want complete score releases of Fletch, Top Gun, Kuffs and Beverly Hills Cop I & II. I've said that a few times before, but one more mention doesn't hurt.

I sincerely hope that Intrada or LLL made some headway into any one of those scores. That is if they are even interested in the 80s icon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 am 

To T-Newmanfan and anyone else interested:

Here is a link to an interview with Harold Faltermeyer about 1.5 years ago, and he addresses his score getting released. He mentioned BH Cop and Fletch by name. Not sure about Top Gun, Fletch Lives, or Beverly Hills Cop II.

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/02/28/th ... -faltermey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:04 am 
Unfortunately, it was after that interview when La-La Land mentioned that there is a ton of red tape blocking the releases of Faltermeyer's popular works.

It seems that a lot of persistence is needed to get these scores out to us. You then have to question whether such persistence is a worthy cost for scores that will sell much fewer copies than something like the original Star Trek films.

Perhaps Intrada or La-La Land needs to make a contract with Lukas Kendall to sort this mess out. It seems that he can get anything done. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 am 

TNewman,

If HF wants to get the scores out, what legal processes does he need to undertake in order to get LLL the rights to produce them? I dont see why he cant just take the master tapes and give them to the studios....intellectual property - after all, he DID write and compose them...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:43 am 
Faltermeyer did compose the scores, but he does not have the ownership and legal rights to distribute them. Given Faltermeyer's apparent enthusiasm, it appears that he really wants his scores out there for us to buy.

I don't think this is a question of acquiring the music elements, but rather a question of how to get all of the relevant parties involved to properly work out the licensing aspects.