[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Star Trek: The Motion Picture
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 am 

It's great to see Star Trek VI out this Tuesday. If you remember, when the original crew movies were released on DVD, the Motion Picture lagged behind all the rest. Interesting to see this one as the last remaining. I can't wait for it, as there are many cues still missing from the 1999 expanded version. Curious which label will pick it up?

Post subject: Re: Star Trek: The Motion Picture
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm 

Count me in for an expanded release (even more so) of Jerry Goldsmith's classic score. It is rather interesting this
is last on the list of the original crew adventures, even though it was the first movie.

So far I have the original and the edition that came out in 1999.

For some strange reason I think LLLR will be the company that releases it... Why? JG did the first and fifth. LLLR already
released/and sold out the fifth one. Maybe I am grasping for straws?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:25 pm 

I suspect you may be right. Trek I and V are also Sony releases, so LLLR may have a relationship with them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 pm 

MV said about, probably four years ago now, that there were some difficulties to be worked out to get this score, implying they were looking into it.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 pm 
Hopefully LLL will release TMP sdtk for Comic-Con or maybe the end of this year.

Fingers crossed.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 pm 

It looks like Decker's with us on this!:

"I want this Soundtrack!, as much as you wanted the Enterprise, I-WANT-THIS-SOUNDTRACK!"

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:14 am 

Being serious for a minute:

A lot of people seem to think that LA-LA LAND may actually be the label who'll release this?.

The "problem" with that, is that they tend to have a ceiling of 5000 copies with their releases - like STAR TREK V did.

If THE MOTION PICTURE took the same path?,
we'd have the likelihood of another Goldsmith complete Star Trek score having gone OOP, after a number of weeks - like STAR TREK V did,
whereas INTRADA's ST IV and VI, and FSM's ST II and III, have remained in print, and are unlimited.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:12 pm 

Yes, but Intrada has decided to take that route and pay the extra money, whereas so far I don't recall LLLR doing so. Unless of course they are doing what FSM did, and just simply pressing more after the cut-off point and not saying so -- a practice I assume is probably mroe common than we know.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:26 pm 

Another release that is long awaited. Thankfully I was able to get the Star Trek V score since that was a release that I've been waiting literally for 10+ years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am 

Mr. MV Gerhard of LLL said this in an interview very recently:

An "uber-awesome" title licensed from Sony that took 4 years to get the proper elements:

Currently, we are working on a project with Sony Music that was the very first title we inked a deal with them on back in 2008. As of today, we finally have the missing pieces of the puzzle, or so we hope (laughs). By that, I mean we have the elements but have not heard them yet. If everything is there, said project has just gone from awesome to uber-awesome!

This sounds alot like TMP!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm 

June 5th guys - check out LLL's Facebook page. No Doubt - TMP!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 am 

Not sure yet. They hint at it. But they didn't exactly say it.
A poster there says it could be an expanded version of Nemesis.
Other posters say it could be Star Trek related but not necessarily TMP.

Either way, we'll know in another couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:58 am 

Varese owns Nemesis in perpetuity. ONly they can do it, unless they release the rights (not likely).

2009 sounds about the time somebody asked LLLR about it on FSM and he replied they were looked into ST:TMP, but it had some rights issues that would take some time to clear up.

It's not a TOS box. There's a person, and possibly an estate (unless the estate wants to cooperate) holding that up.

It's not fanfare for more TNG boxes, or D.S.9. boxes. They don't need to trumpet about something lkike that and how long they've been at it, when one 3CD set has already come out; the fanfare would be odd and very late.

It's not Generations or Insurrection -- both are GNP, leaving them to release it in the near future, as per blurbs from Dennis McCarthy.

It's not a box of TAS, as the master tapes were destroyed. As per somebody, poissibly LLLR, in a reply on the FSM forum.

So, that only leaves one place "to boldly go".....

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm 

I'll be very happy if this is the case.
There's certainly a wealth of unreleased material, including the alternate early takes that Wise had Jerry Goldsmith rescore.
And there are a few cues that I believe have input by Alexander Courage and Fred Steiner.

OTOH I never jump up and down until I know for sure.
And yes, it would be silly for them to make these noises about, say, a box set of Dennis McCarthy TNG scores or music from Enterprise. But sillier things have happened. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Although I would be delighted if this turned out to actually be a box set of unreleased TOS scores - particularly as that would mean that the person standing in the way of the situation would have finally said okay. I remember people thought for years that Jerry Perenchio and Bud Yorkin would never allow the kind of Blade Runner DVD/Blu-ray set we got in 2007. But in the end, even they finally gave their permission. And I remember that for years people wanted to see the Marlon Brando footage from Superman II, and in the end we finally got to see it. So good things will eventually out...