[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Tuff Turf and a proper Nightmare on Elm Street

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tuff Turf and a proper Nightmare on Elm Street
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 pm 

I'm probably the only one who would buy it, but a release of Jonathan Elias's score to Tuff Turf would be great. Youngblood would do it for me as well.

With La La Land's incredibly awesome release of the Friday the 13th scores. I'm really hoping someone gets a clue and releases the Nightmare on Elm Street scores properly. I won't buy the originals because of Varese's bare bones liner notes. One thing I'd recommend, (that La La missed on) is to release each one in it's own case with it's own liner notes. As a collector, I would prefer each movie to get it's own CD and own liner notes.

Awesome job with Fright Night by the way!

Post subject: Re: Tuff Turf and a proper Nightmare on Elm Street
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:23 pm 

You can also count me in on Tuff Turf by Jonathan Elias. The film was directed by Fritz Kiersch. The same director/composer team who gave us the original Children of the Corn (1984). COTC is one of my favorite scores of all time.

Also... count me in on a more complete Nightmare on Elm Street by the very under-rated Charles Bernstein. His score is classic and would love to see this revisited some day...

I applaud Varese on their Club releases of Children of the Corn and Vamp (both were not available on cd until this happened a few years ago). For Vamp... I hope that one day the marvelous orchestra/chorus opening to the film is finally released. Very much in style to Children of the Corn. It is a knockout.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 pm 

Sign me up for one of those Tuff Turf's.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:42 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:54 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 am 

[quote=

This made my day! I know Fritz personally and he would be tickled that there are people who fondly remember Jonathan's scores for both of his films. He has certainly spoken well of Mr. Elias. I liked COTC as well, and was happy when Varese re-issued it.
[/quote]

Yeah, well you can tell your buddy Fritz that I spent every day for a year watching Tuff Turf when I was growing up. One of my favorite movies ever. To say Kim Richards played a major role in my childhood sexual development is a monster understatement. We just reviewed it on an 80's podcast the other day on Killerreviews.com

Sweet!!! I didn't think so many people would be into Tuff Turf. I don't know how much score is actually in it because there's so many songs. I'm usually not nuts about adding songs with score, but like La La adding "Somewhere, Somehow" to the Commando CD, I really don't think a Tuff Turf soundtrack would be complete without "I Walk the Night." That tune is so hysterically classic.

I've been wanting Children of the Corn for so long, but my timing and eBay's never seem to work out. I've gotten snaked last second a couple times on some auctions for it, Oh well, one day it will be mine. It's one of my most desired scores.

I still have yet to see Varese's releases of the Nightmare scores. I've kind of been holding out because I figure they have to be re-released at some point and I just assume the Varese ones don't have anything for liner notes, nor do I assume they're complete.

Nice to geek out on soundtracks with other enthusiasts. Glad I joined the boards. Thanks everybody!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm 

..."As for the soundtracks themselves, I have always thought that NOES would be terrific in complete form. MY favorite cue is when Nancy meets Johnny Depp's Glenn on the bridge. Both before and after, there is this great, chilling cue that is similar but not identical to the cue "Lurking" as it is titled on all forms of the soundtrack release. I guess their similarities made it easy to leave one off, leave the other on as representation. I get that. That's how LPs worked. But that cue, and a few others, such as Tina's nightmare, and the confrontation as Nancy and Freddy face off - GREAT CUES! Why they were never included, and why other shorter, less exciting cues were, is totally beyond me!"...

Count me in for another Elm Street release :)
I know this'll sound lame, but as simple as it is, one of my favorite cues in the film is the sample triggered when Nancy makes that first step into the goo. I also don't understand, like you said, how they left out Tina's nightmare, that starts when Freddy's silhouette appears.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:26 am 

No one desperately wants this sountrack more then me. I too, love the "Tuff Turf" soundtrack and would do anything for a re-release. In fact, I even sent an email to Elias Arts a few years ago, which is a Jonathan Elias company. Here is the email that was sent!

Dear Staff Member,

I was hoping to send this email to Jonathan but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a direct email contact. Its in regards to the soundtrack of the movie "Tuff Turf'' (1985).
It has come to my attention that Mr. Elias was the composer of that fantastic soundtrack. I would like to know if Mr. Elias has any intention of re-releasing this classic soundtrack in the near future? The soundtrack that was released only contained vocal songs and the score wasn't included. In fact, the score was no where to be found. Even now, I don't seem to understand why Jonathan has taken the time to ignore it. This is the best soundtrack I have ever heard and I am simply amazed as to why another re-release has not occured. I am a very big fan of the soundtrack score and I am definately sure that I am not the only one. I sincerely hope that Jonathan Elias will do justice to it and re-release it as a 2 disc set with the complete score as its heard in the film.

If you can notify Jonathan of this message or better still, forward this email to him, that will be great.

Thanks for your understanding and waiting for your reply.

John

And here is the reply.

Hi John,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you so much for sending the note. I will be happy to forward this directly to Jonathan.
It’s been a long time since this was released – I’m sure Jonathan will appreciate your enthusiasm for the music, and I’m sure it will bring back some happy memories for him.

Thanks again. Cheers,

Glenn Turell

http://www.eliasarts.com

Elias Arts
More than Music.
A More Powerful Way to Use Music.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:56 am 

It's a very good 80's electronic score ...

I hope someday this score would be released :)

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon