[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Brad Fiedel, Harold Faltermeyer, and David Foster scores

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brad Fiedel, Harold Faltermeyer, and David Foster scores
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:57 am 

Hey everyone,

What do you think about a comprehensive release for:

Brad Fiedel's The Terminator score including the five 80's pop songs included? They did Commando like this, why not this one? The existing CDs are so out-of-print it's not funny.

Harold Faltermeyer - Running Man complete score with the John Parr song "Restless Heart", Top Gun complete score, Fletch score, Beverly Hills Cop I and II complete scores. La la Land records released Tango and Cash by him five years ago, so why not?

David Foster - complete scores to Secret of my Success, St. Elmo's Fire, Stealing Home

Post subject: Re: Brad Fiedel, Harold Faltermeyer, and David Foster scores
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:59 am 

Well, sign me up for a copy of David Foster's THE SECRET OF MY SUCCESS score, it's pretty high up on my Grail List. :wink:

I'm not a fan of Faltermeyer's THE RUNNING MAN score, but if the CD includes "Paulas Theme" for the dance routines I'll cough up $ 20 for a CD. :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBF4t8UyfN4

...as for Fiedel's THE TERMINATOR, I just bought the score CD on E-bay the other day. I guess I was in a Fiedel mood after Intradas release of FRIGHT NIGHT. :D

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 am 

Paula's theme is awesome - a cue not on the existing, long oop soundtrack. It's on iTunes, but there's a few things that could be added.

With the Terminator, I don't know why they don't release the score with the 80s pop songs including the Tech Noir "Burnin in the Third Degree". There is an old, way long oop version with those songs on it, but it's hard to find a new copy, and if you do, it's astronomical in price.

Also, I heard rumblings of a score release for Cobra and Over Top (both Stallone films)? I have the soundtrack to those two, they are readily available, but the actual scores?

I also have the SOMS soundtrack; it has some cues by Foster on there, but not nearly all.

Intrada should look into all of these plus Star Trek IV The Voyage Home, Gremlins, and ST: The Motion Picture. Maybe even the COMPLETE score to John Barry's Moonraker, now that Black Hole is out! Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 am 

Totally in agreement. However, the masters for T2 were lost iirc. That's why we're still missing cues like the opening battle scene and so forth despite it being rereleased several times.

Flight of the Navigator (Silvestri)
Digimon: The Movie (Harpaz, Plessner, Levy)
The Crystal Maze (Lawrence)
Blackadder: Back and Forth (Goodall)
Dune (Toto)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:59 am 
I'll happily take any complete or expanded score by Harold Faltermeyer, especially Beverly Hills Cop 1 & 2, Fletch and Kuffs.

La-La Land did an exceptional job with the audio quality and overall presentation of Tango & Cash. I hope they have interest in treating Faltermeyer's other scores the same way if the other major labels are uninterested in his work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:01 pm 

Now when Intrada have said hallo to Mr.Fiedel, I do hope we get to see Fright night 2, The Accused and Striking Distance too get releases...i wouldn´t mind an intrada remastered Terminator complete too even if i have the two other CD releases...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:34 pm 

I would love to see everything from The Terminator: the Definite Edition did not even contain the complete score, let alone the pop songs.

Apparently, the T2 Masters were not lost. Fiedel withheld them from the guys that did the remastered edition of T2 because he wasn't sure it would sell enough from their label.

Last edited by ggctuk on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:17 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:41 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:18 pm 

Brad Fiedel : Terminator (complete and movie version of 1984)
Fright Night 2

Harold Faltermeyer: Berverly hills cop 1 and 2
Fletch
The Running Man Complete score withe the fabulous intro show dance music
Fatal Beauty

Brad Fiedel FRIGHT NIGHT II 1988 Vista Organization/Columbia
Sylvester Levay COBRA 1986 MGM/Cannon
Gary Chang 52 PICK-UP 1986 MGM/Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:14 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:25 am 

J-Name,

Glad you liked it man. Those scores definetly deserve consideration, along with Cobra and Over the Top!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:42 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:03 am 

BEVERLY HILLS COP, BEVERLY HILLS COP II and FRIGHT NIGHT 2, are all on my Grails list,
and I wouldn't say no to some complete TERMINATOR stuff either 8)