[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - MANNEQUIN (1987) by Sylvester Levay

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MANNEQUIN (1987) by Sylvester Levay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:06 pm 

Who would like to see a release of MANNEQUIN? I've heard Sylvester Levay's work (of course AIRWOLF, THREE O'CLOCK HIGH, WEREWOLF and others), and I love all of it, but this title has captured my attention in a very unique way. It was the 80s, so, it was synth city, and great. There's one beautiful piano love theme (when Jonathan is in the rain, looking at Emmy in the window, and when they're in the hammock), and a few upbeat themes, as well. It's a relatively short score, though, about 22-25 minutes, so, I think 2 things:

Either the 4 songs could be added to the score (which I know Intrada typically doesn't do):
In My Wildest Dreams by Belinda Carlisle
Do You Dream About Me by Alisha
My Girl by The Temptations
and of course Nothin's Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship

Or the score could be joined with another one, as a piggyback. I also realize that coupling scores together works when the genres are the same or similar. This being a rom-com, I'm not sure which one would work, so, I'm hoping. I just think with all of the scores that have been released (especially the short ones), and with the limited edition model (whether Intrada's new model or the other companies), surely something could work. 1000 copies or 1500? Hopefully, there's not too many licensing hoops to jump through either. :?

If anyone's concerned about the music being entertaining, they should not be. It's "syrupy," but very enjoyable.

Anyone with me on this? Anyone? :D

Post subject: Re: MANNEQUIN (1987) by Sylvester Levay
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:25 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:37 pm 

Count me in, too! My all-time favorite moment is when the music is sort of romanticizing a night when Andrew McCarthy's character walks his motorcycle in the rain/runs to the store window to admire the mannequin. He says a line something like this: "You know - you are the first thing I've created in a very long time that made me feel like an artist." Perfecto. :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:39 pm 

I was in a bit of a hurry when I began this thread. I should have mentioned, for whatever it is worth, that this is my #1 grail! I'd love to see countless scores released, like everyone else, but this one takes the cake, as far as "grails" are concerned! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 pm 

Hey everybody, I see I've got quite a few people to read my thread. That's great. However, since petitions only bring so much awareness to a title (they don't really get a title noticed as much as people ranting about it), could those who are sincerely interested in seeing this score see the light of day and actually want to purchase it--please indicate so in a post?! I would greatly appreciate it, this being my #1 wanted CD!! Thank you very much! :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:06 am 
I don't think you'll find too many people who are vocal about even some of the most popular scores in this section of the forum. I would just suggest it to each of the labels and go from there.

With their release of the Overboard score album, Music Box Records doesn't seem to be above releasing scores to 80s romantic comedy films that many of the older collectors likely consider to be nothing more than schlock.

Post subject: Gone
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:11 pm 

Gone

Last edited by mozzer9 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm 

Hey mozzer9, I know people will find this funny, so here it goes: It's like I've found my kindred spirit!

As you can see, I started this thread, and would absolutely love Levay's score to MANNEQUIN to be released. It's my #1 Grail!!!! I don't know about paying $1k for it, though. I'd have to have a lot of disposable income, or want to blow some savings. However, I will say that I would pay more than the common $20 price tag, especially if Intrada had to raise the price like they did with FUNERAL HOME. I have been given 3 bits of info about attempting to bring attention to this score:

If I could put up the money to fund the project, it could be an incentive for a soundtrack label to consider it
Try to contact Levay, himself, in order to see if the composer is even interested in doing it--I'm just trying to find his contact info
Try contacting certain labels to see if anyone is interested. Unfortunately, Perseverance, Music Box Records, and Kritzerland are all not interested in pursuing such a project.

To reference your post on the pre-release page, "if it is not possible to commercially release them due to rights issues then how about a personal cd just for me Intrada please?" I'd love that, but really fat chance.

Again, until I figure out how to reference a previous post with that nice looking graphic:

"I have just posted about the 1987 mannequin sylvester levay scores funny enough as I feel they should be released and anybody who enjoys the 1980's synthesizer sound will enjoy them! I bought a cdr copy from ioffer by someone who had recorded the soundtrack music of the film by turning down the film noises but they could still be heard though, as I was so desperate to hear the tunes. PLEASE RELEASE the Levay scores Intrada?"

This should add a little help, like I had said about the melodic or catchy quality of the music. I wouldn't have bought a cdr of it, but I d/l a copy of what seems to be about 90% of the score (I noticed one track that was missing--when the couple was in the hammock in the department store).

Anyway, Intrada forum community, sorry for the long post, but I'm sure everyone understands who REALLY, REALLY wants a title released. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:13 pm 

I just thought of something else. What about pairing this with BURGLAR? That's a silly comedy with a Levay score.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:00 am 

Yes if you can find Levay's contact email that would be very helpful

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:32 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 pm 

Regarding what to pair Mannequin score with then I have another suggestion and that is Levay`s Courage Mountain. But Burglar would work too as mentioned in a previous post.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:19 pm